+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stats Suggestion

Junior Member drewtonium is an unknown quantity at this point

Stats Suggestion

If a player joins a "more challenging" or "very difficult" server, can you implement an algorithm to compensate?

For example, if I join a "very difficult" duel server and I frag the dude, I would be awarded more points. Conversely, if the "very difficult" opponent frags me, they would be awarded less points.

Sound fair?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drewtonium View Post
    If a player joins a "more challenging" or "very difficult" server, can you implement an algorithm to compensate?

For example, if I join a "very difficult" duel server and I frag the dude, I would be awarded more points. Conversely, if the "very difficult" opponent frags me, they would be awarded less points.

Sound fair?
    It wouldn't work. Along with the score not mattering at all, it'd endorse losing games on purpose in attempts to do "better" in the games that could matter more. (Not that they technically would since the score doesn't matter)

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drewtonium View Post
    More points to a skill rating or frags?

Frags absolutely not.

Skill points sure, but I thought it already did this for duels, it just happens to be that the duel rating system is screwy in QL, most likely from being far too volatile.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    More points to a skill rating or frags?

Frags absolutely not.

Skill points sure, but I thought it already did this for duels, it just happens to be that the duel rating system is screwy in QL, most likely from being far too volatile.
    I think he means the actual score in games, like this

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I think he means the actual score in games, like this
    Ahh. I think that's also a bad idea for the same reason as frags. It changes the game itself.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    It would be way too open to abuse and kinda defeat the purpose of getting better.

Junior Member drewtonium is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks for the input, fellas.

The reason for my suggestion is, I have a few friends who call me out in duel, who are rated 'very difficult' for me. I'm not sure if my stats suffer because they are beating the crap outta me, or if their stats benefit despite playing a lesser opponent, or both?

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    If they're friendly matches but very lopsided, have them use handicap. I've done this with my kids and ended up with some close games.

+ Reply to Thread