+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Quakelive

Junior Member stphn is on a distinguished road

Broken Quakelive

I don't know if this has been posted before, but after the december updates,

it seems to take forever to get into game, it hangs at a grey screen for a bit, then as it gets to the "awaiting connection" bit it takes some time where it's usually instead.

ingame there tends to be some FPS drops as well which is annoying and it's like things don't register correctly anymore. :S

Nice response.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    I've got no idea what you are talking about. It sounds like you're experiencing some bugs?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It sounds like he's complaining about the majority of the issues that are discussed in that one sticky thread.

I'm purposely not linking it though since that one is extremely easy to find. (Hint: Look at my signature if you're confused)

Junior Member Stimulant is on a distinguished road
    I do not think it is about being confused at all. It is the fact that if I join a game, I have to enter /in_nograb 0, and I have no sound. I get what he is saying. The point is the servers are not performing right. PIK please don't be a noob and not help anyone. You should be better...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimulant View Post
    PIK please don't be a noob and not help anyone. You should be better...
    Sorry, but this is probably *the* funniest thing that anyone has ever said to me on the forum. I'm helping him by not just flat out giving him the answer, even though I have worded it in a way that if you read the post makes sense. "that one sticky thread" "Look at my signature if you're confused". Everything is clearly stated and while it involves understanding which link I'm referring to in my signature, it's a trial and error approach.

I normally would have directly put the link in there, but because of the second post made expressing their impatience, I figured I'd go with the indirect route instead since they clearly didn't bother looking in the first place. I merely helped them out in the long run instead of directly giving them the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It sounds like he's complaining about the majority of the issues that are discussed in that one sticky thread.

I'm purposely not linking it though since that one is extremely easy to find. (Hint: Look at my signature if you're confused)
    I've actually read that many moons ago, no. the simple fact is that since the last update things have just turned poor. Even when using QLprism it takes forever to even get into a game where it was pretty much less than 4-5 seconds. I've done a fresh install of quake, I've made sure my drivers were up to date. You know? The same generic things everyone says to check. Make sure your refresh rate is correct or that you're using a "proper" resolution, check opengl blah blah.

I think a lot of people have actually found that the case with the update.

Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    even when i disconnect from server and get back to home page I can't rejoin

*4e6yPaWKa
    show screenshot/video about your problem. maybe i can help you.

+ Reply to Thread