+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: R.A.T. (3,5,7,9) Profiles & Information

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    From what I have read before I bought it,,it does..They say it has problems sometimes with the Z axis.It does get a little ahead of itself sometimes.But its the same with every mouse it seems.They always have a quirk.You just have to get to know the equipment.

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    cyborg rat 7 rocks. well, I like it.

Junior Member XWand is an unknown quantity at this point
    Well, it's been a year and 2 months since I got my R.A.T. and I'm back with the news that I'm still digging it!

I've since added a gaming PC to sit next to my MacPro monster. I use a USB hub which allows two computers access to the HUB (switched). It was intriguing to learn that the mouse err, RAT, remembers the settings you select on one machine and changes them on the other when switched to it. So for example if I select mode 1 while on the mac then when I switch the HUB to the PC it sets it to mode 1 too - even if when I last switched away from the PC I was in mode 4 or whatever. There are obvious pros and cons to this but I thought it was kinda interesting.

Anyway, these RATS are still the best mice I've used to date! Really well made (has lasted longer than any other mouse [ever!] so far), a joy to use in every game where a mouse works well, and it looks cool sitting on my desk! Next I wanna try their mechanical keyboard! But over $200 for a keyboard (aaaaaanny keyboard!) is just too much! Maybe someone will donate one to me or something.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-07-2014 at 02:13 PM.

I first Posted a while back. I don't use it anymore, as my style has changed to a low DPI. And the feet on the mouse wear out really quick. It was a great mouse. Its just to bad they could not use skate setups like on the Zowie FK. As far as the Keyboard, that is to much. If you want a Keyboard that is just a gaming type, get the Steelseries 6gv2. No frills, no bells and whistles. That is what I am using now. Half as much and better than their line of keyboards. In my opinion.

Junior Member XWand is an unknown quantity at this point
    Yeah, there are lots and lots of reviews on the various mechanical keyboards out there. I'm an ancient dude tho so I kinda like the over-the-top "pro gaming" styles! And the features of the MadCats one are extensive... enough to keep me busy for weeks and mesmerized for months.

I run my RAT on this wooden surface and it hasn't worn out in 14 months (average 70hrs per week). I guess it will in another 10 or so months tho - but when it does I'll just replace the pads with the same material available at any hardware store for about $1. What's this "skate setup" you're talking about tho? You almost make it sound like it has wheels or something.
    Last edited by XWand; 03-07-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Im not a spring chicken either. But you have to remember you are paying for all that and it does not mean its a better product. More towerds the kid who can say " Check Out This Cool Keyboard". To each his own. As far as Skates? Some call them "Feet" and some call them "Skates". I prefer the second one. Instead of having multiple contact points, it just has 2. One large at the head, and one large at the butt end. Less chances of small ones peeling up over time. That is the only squak I had with the Ratt7. Im a little heavy handed. That is probably why they failed like they did. The larger "Skate" area allows it to,,, "Skate Smoother". Especially on cloth pads which for me has improved my game.
    Last edited by lowlife1; 03-07-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Senior Member pwnr is on a distinguished road pwnr's Avatar
    Personally I've not found many people with nice things to say about the performance of this range, sure do look cool though.

Razer have come out with a virtual straight rip-off of it too and I haven't heard anything in regards to how that performs, does anybody have one?

+ Reply to Thread