+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Is Premium worth it?

  1. #1
    Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    231

    Is Premium worth it?

    Is premium worth it for a player who usully plays max 1 hour a day?

  2. #2
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Probably not. I'd still say to purchase it for more available games though. (Assuming that your friends list is smaller)

  3. #3
    Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Probably not. I'd still say to purchase it for more available games though. (Assuming that your friends list is smaller)
    What do you mean more avaliable games if my friends list is smaller?

  4. #4
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    What do you mean more avaliable games if my friends list is smaller?
    Generally if you have a larger friends list, you can better get away with not subscribing because your Pro friends can invite you to Premium games. However, if you've got a smaller friends list (Which I assume you do since you're new) then you won't have as many available games to join since you can't get into the Premium servers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    231
    Do you have to play on Premium maps if you are on premium servers?

  6. #6
    Member General is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    88
    Alright, let's assume you play 1 hour a day for a year.

    That's 365 hours. That's roughly 5.5 cents an hour for your play time. Equate that to other things you do:

    Go play pool at a bar? figure $5.00 an hour for drinks, $5.00 an hour for pool for simplicity sake. $10 an hour.

    Golf (at a cheap course), $35, roughly 9 $12 bucks an hour after you buy beers and hotdogs.

    Bowling ? Probably around the same.

    New single player video game? $60, 10 hours or so to beat it... $6 an hour, Skyrim? about a buck fifty an hour.

    Call of duty? might end up being about 50 cents an hour till you get bored of it and come back to quake.

    So is it worth it? Hell ya it's worth it, you should buy it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,203
    a decent meal is $24. Can also spend that on overpriced coffee in one second and don't even notice it.

    Honestly there's something wrong with people complaining about $24 a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  8. #8
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Alright, let's assume you play 1 hour a day for a year.

    That's 365 hours. That's roughly 5.5 cents an hour for your play time. Equate that to other things you do:

    Go play pool at a bar? figure $5.00 an hour for drinks, $5.00 an hour for pool for simplicity sake. $10 an hour.

    Golf (at a cheap course), $35, roughly 9 $12 bucks an hour after you buy beers and hotdogs.

    Bowling ? Probably around the same.

    New single player video game? $60, 10 hours or so to beat it... $6 an hour, Skyrim? about a buck fifty an hour.

    Call of duty? might end up being about 50 cents an hour till you get bored of it and come back to quake.

    So is it worth it? Hell ya it's worth it, you should buy it.
    2 things:
    1) He said 1 hour max, not "1 hour" :P (It just lowers the amount down slightly)
    2) If MW3 was 50c an hour, then I'd have put in $109.50 so far for the multiplayer, and $3 for the singleplayer.

    I just don't think at the current level that eduguy is playing at (What I'd guess to be mid-tier 2 to low-tier 3) that there's many Premium games available unless you have a friends list. However, I could be wrong since I personally can never see them because I'm in tier 4 in all the gametypes that I play. (CTF lol)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kepler-22b
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    Do you have to play on Premium maps if you are on premium servers?
    No, you can play on any map permitted by the game type and map voting is allowed.

  10. #10
    Member General is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    88
    2 things:
    1) He said 1 hour max, not "1 hour" :P (It just lowers the amount down slightly)
    2) If MW3 was 50c an hour, then I'd have put in $109.50 so far for the multiplayer, and $3 for the singleplayer.

    I just don't think at the current level that eduguy is playing at (What I'd guess to be mid-tier 2 to low-tier 3) that there's many Premium games available unless you have a friends list. However, I could be wrong since I personally can never see them because I'm in tier 4 in all the gametypes that I play. (CTF lol)
    Even still, not a bad rate for entertainment and supporting an activity you like to do.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts