+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Harvester

  1. #21
    *chris
    Guest

    Lightbulb


    hej

  2. #22
    Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Harvester is boring, and I don't think anyone gets a premium or pro account for that mod.

    Winters edge would sell but it's not even in the game, probably will never make it considering the new version (that is worse than winters)

    The first part of that first sentence is an opinion, and so is the second, but it is also insulting.... With that said, if harvester is boring, then CTF is many times more boring, since in CTF, you can only carry one item at a time as opposed to many in Harvester.... One could argue that in that way, Harvester is a generalization of CTF (generalizations are always MORE fun), while CTF remains strictly with carrying only one item (and in addition only one person can carry it)....

  3. #23
    Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Camping on the corner
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    The first part of that first sentence is an opinion, and so is the second, but it is also insulting.... With that said, if harvester is boring, then CTF is many times more boring, since in CTF, you can only carry one item at a time as opposed to many in Harvester.... One could argue that in that way, Harvester is a generalization of CTF (generalizations are always MORE fun), while CTF remains strictly with carrying only one item (and in addition only one person can carry it)....
    That's a completely misunderstood of both gametypes.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

  4. #24
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    The first part of that first sentence is an opinion, and so is the second, but it is also insulting.... With that said, if harvester is boring, then CTF is many times more boring, since in CTF, you can only carry one item at a time as opposed to many in Harvester.... One could argue that in that way, Harvester is a generalization of CTF (generalizations are always MORE fun), while CTF remains strictly with carrying only one item (and in addition only one person can carry it)....
    Let's be honest, how many people do you honestly think thought to themselves "I'm going to upgrade to Premium/Pro so I can play Harvester!".

    It may be an opinion that Harvester is boring, but it seems to be an opinion that a lot of the community shares, since they're not playing it anywhere in the world actively.

    I'm not even going into the second part of what you said, because it's completely absurd.

  5. #25
    Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    416
    Skulls, flags does it make a difference, for all general purpose let's consider skulls to be flags.... In Harvester everyone gets to carry a "flag", whereas in CTF it is restricted to one person carrying the flag for each team.... What I said is not absurd, maybe I get insulted too easily, but please reread....

  6. #26
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,782
    what you said is not absurd, but how you play is.

    few days ago, molesters server... running game of rebound. you sit on kamikaze while ducking, i frag you 3 consecutive times in this fashion while you waited for it to spawn.

    it didnt work so you ragequitted, leaving your teammates hang out to dry. gg wp

    and on topic:

    the samplers are great, the map fits to the mode, freaking railspawn seems like it lasts an eternity ^^
    Last edited by danstar; 02-10-2013 at 11:20 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    what you said is not absurd, but how you play is.

    few days ago, molesters server... running game of rebound. you sit on kamikaze while ducking, i frag you 3 consecutive times in this fashion while you waited for it to spawn.

    it didnt work so you ragequitted, leaving your teammates hang out to dry. gg wp

    and on topic:

    the samplers are great, the map fits to the mode, freaking railspawn seems like it lasts an eternity ^^
    OK, luckily I remember this so I can explain what happened... I had just given Molester instructions on how to set up his auto invite script (the instant logon one), so I joined the server to see how everything was going.... I was only there for about a minute and found it impossible to play seriously with 100+ ping (I'm used to much lower and have trained myself accordingly).... I think it was even pregame warmup... I live in US, so DEU servers are hard to play on, plus I didn't think I'd be judged by what happened in those 30 seconds.
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 02-11-2013 at 08:12 AM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    If you've never been in a game with me.... I can't remember even half of one with you, then you aren't qualified to talk.... btw as of yesterday the last time you played was 30 days ago, my theory is if you don't play, don't use the forum....
    You do realize that perhaps people avoid any server you're in because they don't like either you or your (possible) lack of skill? Just because he doesn't play with *you* it doesn't mean he's not playing. You're not as important as you seem think you are
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Stats don't lie (read as: you suck) and with both my accounts I (sadly) have more playing time you'll ever have. Been here since closed beta, not june 2012, so not playing every month doesn't mean I don't play.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    As a matter of fact they do all the time
    The stats aren't actually "lying", they're just not completely accurate to look at as an exact value. If a player has a longer period of playtime, even though the stats aren't the actual averages per game, they *are* the overall averages.

  9. #29
    Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    416
    Should I use the word "harassment"... you should be banned. .. now nobody is harassing me but you. .. btw you mentioned names. .. which you know from your millions of troll posts is also bannable... this just can't be ignored anymore

  10. #30
    Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    Should I use the word "harassment"... you should be banned. .. now nobody is harassing me but you. .. btw you mentioned names. .. which you know from your millions of troll posts is also bannable... this just can't be ignored anymore
    You could ignore it actually, the forum has an ignore function.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts