+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: January 2013 Standard Rotation

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by RU486 View Post
    Well if you played any of the mods (i.e Rocket Arena 3) then this is exactly the same game as Quake 3. Cloan Arena is an exact replica of RA3. the only difference is the consistent development. The physics in the game are almost identical to Q3 with a high majority of the maps coming from Q3 and its mods.
    CA is vastly different than RA3. Did you play it once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Smilecythe is on a distinguished road Smilecythe's Avatar
    Space Chamber is the only good and competitive map in the list.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilecythe View Post
    Space Chamber is the only good and competitive map in the list.
    Space Chamber is one of my faves maps, but I wouldn't say it's the best on the list.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Junior Member ShawNMusliM is on a distinguished road
    It isnt free to play like the more successful games though.. LOL or DOTA2 all have auto matchmaking. Which i feel is a big part in why they are successful. Furthermore, the ql free to play doesnt have to be. I understand the want to charge a monthly fee for certain things to sustain a free to play game but it isnt the ONLY business model out there. In fact, i would say for an fps, a one time purchase is the way to go. Let us pay for hosted servers while the devs maintain 4-5 servers for auto matchmaking. Regardless though, keeping the free to play sub fee is fine...but dont limit the game so much as to not draw any real competition. No ELO tracking(except though qlranks) and i have to sit in a server for 30 min to get a duel going that either 1. ill own the kid 30 - (-2) or 2. ill get owned (-2) - 30. All im saying is that the competitive side has to be crisp with 2-3 leagues and a matchmaking system that is automatic.

*equ1n0x
    how about adding jaxdm8 for next rotation? also cpm14 would be nice to see here, just a hint

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by equ1n0x View Post
    how about adding jaxdm8 for next rotation? also cpm14 would be nice to see here, just a hint
    Heh...jaxdm8 would be sweet. I remember beta testing that on the q3 burial grounds server. Fun times for sure.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

+ Reply to Thread