+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More tiers!!!

Junior Member AdioChings is on a distinguished road
    A fifth tier is needed badly, the change from tier3 to tier4 is horrible. I easily reach tier 4 but as soon as I play two matches I really could throw my monitor out of the window. I'm raging so hard and people call me stuff. I have enough! The difference is too high. So are there children under 5 age playing tier 1? I am not that good but seriously not going to practice a half year from now just to have fun again playing quake. It would be really sad if this unbalance would stay

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdioChings View Post
    A fifth tier is needed badly, the change from tier3 to tier4 is horrible.
    The change between tier 4 and tier 5 would be even worse.

Junior Member AdioChings is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    The change between tier 4 and tier 5 would be even worse.
    actually no. Then more tiers are available, then more you can split the skill. I really don't know why you think such illogical stuff..

Senior Member xXApathyXx is on a distinguished road
    A fifth tier is needed badly, the change from tier3 to tier4 is horrible. I easily reach tier 4 but as soon as I play two matches I really could throw my monitor out of the window. I'm raging so hard and people call me stuff. I have enough! The difference is too high. So are there children under 5 age playing tier 1? I am not that good but seriously not going to practice a half year from now just to have fun again playing quake. It would be really sad if this unbalance would stay
    Don't you think there are too few players(at least in NA) to start making more tiers now?
    If we regained t5, would t5 players be able to play in t4 as well?
    If not then wouldn't there be fewer players to play with?
    Oh and you don't need to practice for half a year to stay in tier 4. Just play in t4 more but with players closer to your ELO and steadily work your way up, but maybe you should try playing a bit more casually and take it easy. You don't need to play 10+ games a day, 3-5 would suffice.
    Good Luck =D

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    actually no. Then more tiers are available, then more you can split the skill. I really don't know why you think such illogical stuff..
    I made it with 8 tiers instead of 8 so the trend can be seen more easily. Also, it was easier that way.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74076095/Qu.../MoreTiers.gif

Of course, it's an approximate paint picture... but you can do the actual math with a gaussian distribution separated in 4 and 8 areas of same size then compare the beginning of the last section to its average. The distance to the average will be shorter in 4 than 8 tiers. You can see it another way and define a "radius" inside of which players are considered of your skill. You will find a higher proportion of players close to your skill in the last tier of a set of 4 than of a set of 8.

IG traduction : it is harder for a new T8 player in a 8 tiers system than for a new T4 player in a 4 tiers system.

Junior Member SomoneElse is on a distinguished road
    Perhaps a better solution would be to not use tiers for matchmaking, but instead suggest the matches that have the closest skill rating to yours. Maybe even preventing players to join a server with significantly lower skill rating than theirs. (unranked matches should probably be an exception)

Something I've noticed, is that pro spawned matches are always on the top of the list. It should show the server with the closest skill rating to mine.

This would of course allow allow players from different tiers to fight each other, but it shouldn't be a problem since there is little difference between a top tier 3 and a bottom tier 4 player.

Tiers could be preserved for bragging rights.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Use quick matches on FACEit, they are based on ELO (speaking of DUEL)
    QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players))
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    So it's another year and ANOTHER tier thread. Oh joy seems I dodn't miss anything here on QL forums. Theyre as predictable as 2+2=4.

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players
    Read what vurun said and read it aloud, let it sink into your brains:

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players

Now stop this thread before it goes haywire as all of them did.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

+ Reply to Thread