+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chrome??!

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point

Chrome??!

Yesterday I could play in Chrome, this morning it says the usual unsupported browser message. What happened?

*patzer
    id happened.

*UniversalSnip
    It works for me now, and didn't before! Yay!

Senior Member keefy is on a distinguished road
    I think if you have not installed the plugin on any browser then try to do so usign chrome it says that error btu if you first install with Firefox and let it download etc then when that is all finished got to chrome it works.

Junior Member Murderz is on a distinguished road
    My chrome still works God I'm loving it!

Member easytarget is on a distinguished road easytarget's Avatar
    When I tried using chrome it just froze on the home screen after I had logged in!

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point
    Well chrome has trouble with the server browser for some reason. Anyway, I did an offline benchmark using timedemo and here are the results:

IE8 > firefox > chrome

Yep, IE8 winning surprised me. I got 179 FPS compared to 171 in Firefox, which is quite a big difference. I just tried IE8 and I get FPS drops in asylum (sp?), I was sad to find out my mouse sensitivity changes in IE8 when my FPS drop. That was weird, and made the game unplayable. Back to Firefox I go.

*ALIEN_
    Quote Originally Posted by Trep View Post
    Well chrome has trouble with the server browser for some reason. Anyway, I did an offline benchmark using timedemo and here are the results:

IE8 > firefox > chrome

Yep, IE8 winning surprised me. I got 179 FPS compared to 171 in Firefox, which is quite a big difference. I just tried IE8 and I get FPS drops in asylum (sp?), I was sad to find out my mouse sensitivity changes in IE8 when my FPS drop. That was weird, and made the game unplayable. Back to Firefox I go.
    FPS is not everything. When you use FF and userscripts you can:

- disable 15 seconds of ads when you connect to servers
    - disable ads at main page
    - show you tier(addon is not update yet, but it will)
    - have very nice server browser
    - map manager
    - demo player
    - chat mover

an not mention about hundreds of other addon. Firefox is the best browser for Quake Live.

*LordVortex
    Wow really!! You Google Chrome? Omg last time someone said they could get it start but took them like several hours for chromo to load quake live... LOL! Cool

*DivinituS
    Yea disable the ad's and help kill off potential forms of profit for id. GREAT idea there ALIEN.

+ Reply to Thread