+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big thanks for NOTHING !!

*Zincubus

Big thanks to ******* for NOTHING !!

Well I tried the online experience for a second time and found even more faults to fix .

Tonight I was in a 5v5 game and could move left and right this time ( couldn't last night ! )

This time the mouse wasn't working - couldn't look right or left or up or down or even SHOOT !

I tried all the setting options without success , then went on Google for help .

I then asked the other 9 players for some kind of help . I was largely ignored apart from ONE GUY who kept posting unhelpful curse words ( thanks for that ) and telling the others to KICK Zincubus repeatedly . Another loser just kept telling me I was an idiot noob ( thanks for that as well ) . One guy did type "go to specs" a few times buit I'd done that already without success but thank you to whoever that was !

Just thought I'd let you know about the way NEW players are welcomed !

Sadly , I lowered myself to their standards and ended up calling one of the a dirty name .

Apologies to any of the other decent people who saw my response .

Just kinda expected more from a gfreat game like Quake , I will just go back to the ever wonderful Call of Duty , I guess.

Cheers , it hasn't been a pleasure !
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-08-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Please delete his name from the title.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...cast-GuardedID

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-The-Mouse-Fix

You're welcome.

By the way, asking about a technical problem few people have while in a game people are trying to win and you're sitting there unable to do anything won't make people happy. Next time go to the forums.

Also, obligatory "lolCoD".

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    Read this thread for your mouse issues..
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-The-Mouse-Fix

Thanks for editing. Calling out players is against the forum rules. It is unfortunate that you happened to be on a server with people that are rude and refuse to help you. It's the internet and will happen anywhere. Most of the time you wont have this misfortune.
    Have a look at the tech support and getting started forums, there are a lot of useful threads there.

This thread can be extremely helpful as well
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ake-Live-Guide

LOL cat! beat me by seconds!

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Yes. I beat you. And don't you ever forget it.

>_>

*Zincubus
    Thanks peeps !

Dissapointed that I can't join in the play , though .

Windows 7 and 50 gaming mouse and can't play !!??

*an00bis86
    Zincubus,

QuakeLive has been having old issues (like the wonderful spinning mouse bug) cropping up again in the last few days for everyone. The links Cat and stownr provided should help get you set up and into the action. And sorry your first experience was such a negative one. Trust me, not everyone is like that; there are some pretty cool, helpful people out there in the community. Sadly, there's also a lot of bad ones out there too.

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar
    Iv not been here long buddy but add me. Im sure i will be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Well I tried the online experience for a second time and found even more faults to fix .

Tonight I was in a 5v5 game and could move left and right this time ( couldn't last night ! )

This time the mouse wasn't working - couldn't look right or left or up or down or even SHOOT !

I tried all the setting options without success , then went on Google for help .

I then asked the other 9 players for some kind of help . I was largely ignored apart from ONE GUY who kept posting unhelpful curse words ( thanks for that ) and telling the others to KICK Zincubus repeatedly . Another loser just kept telling me I was an idiot noob ( thanks for that as well ) . One guy did type "go to specs" a few times buit I'd done that already without success but thank you to whoever that was !

Just thought I'd let you know about the way NEW players are welcomed !

Sadly , I lowered myself to their standards and ended up calling one of the a dirty name .

Apologies to any of the other decent people who saw my response .

Just kinda expected more from a gfreat game like Quake , I will just go back to the ever wonderful Call of Duty , I guess.

Cheers , it hasn't been a pleasure !
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-08-2013 at 04:33 PM.

*Zincubus
    Thanks guys .

I may give it another go sometime .

I'm not very technical , sadly .

I usually rely on updates to sort these types of problems out .

Wont the gamemakers eventually sort something out ?

QL has sponge and SyncError and basically nobody else. And they have a crapload of red tape to deal with.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Thanks peeps !
    Well I'm glad that not only the community is nice to new people, but also new people are nice to the community.
    FYI: Forums = good people who help, ingame = a mix of dingleberries (99%) and good people who help (1%).
    Need help? Ask forums, not ingame. That also means that you should not be a dingus on the forums.
    Either way, I bet that you can imagine that if you want to play a game, and some noob who literally can't play because of technical issues is blocking the game, you may get annoyed by that. QuakeLive doesn't have the nicest community, so they won't tell you this in a nice way. If you think that ingame dingus' are a problem, find a different game.

edit: Well I just found out that 'peeps' is not an insult. I always thought it was an insult. From now on, I will no longer say 'hello peeps' when entering a server.

edit2: I never said dingleberries... sasparillo did that. I'm not gay.
    Btw sasparillo, what's the use of changing the ***** to dingus? Why are the stars bad? Isn't that the entire reason for that autofilter to be there? So that mods don't have to change it to howdly diddly dingleberries?
    Last edited by KaasMan; 01-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread