+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to 'pause' yourself?

*Cyberscrap

Question How to 'pause' yourself?

Hi,

i'm new in QL (..been playing Q1-Darkplaces for a few years on the job ..) wich is great. I've been playing quake online since 1997.. .. damn i'm old

The only time i really have to play is at work between phone calls and at home between wife and kids running around. I'm usually able to focus but if the phone rings.. i really need to pick up.

Yesterday in clan area, the game lasted over an hour.. what if you really need to pee??
    A few minutes ago i was winning in free for all... and in the last minute i had to get the phone ... So i went to spectator but my score vanished when i joined again

I really don't like the number of quits in my profile.. makes me look like a crybaby

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Please define "work"?

*Cyberscrap
    on the job, during lunch or during working hours when i have a moment to spare.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Wow, if I played games outside of breaks I'd have been fired ages ago...

Anyway, short of spectating there's not much you can do. If you go afk you run the risk of timing out and being auto-kicked, so probably best to spec. If you rejoin before the end of the game it won't count as a quit on your stats.

+ Reply to Thread