+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: warp factor = ridiculous

Senior Member Sheleft is on a distinguished road

warp factor = ridiculous

The warp, stutter, packetloss effect, ping spikes, or whatever else you want to call it has now reached the point of absurdity.
    over 90% of the people I observe and play against are warping to varied degrees including myself lately, and the one guy who dosnt warp as much and has the lowest ping walks thru the rest of us like we are standing still cause in a sense... we are. Warp rockets from around corners, weird sticky lg from what I like to call "warp-assisted aim" and guys with low warpy ping who freeze frame before they fire- disappear- then reappear after my death (mostly seen with lpb's) make playing and enjoying this game very difficult.
    What was borderline unplayable has officially crossed the line within the last few weeks/months. I cant pinpoint when it happened as I stopped playing for awhile.
    I want to pay for this game.
    I want to play all day every day. I want to support it, I really do cause I love it.
    But.. no word on this issue, no word on fixing it/improving the servers, in fact from asking around and reading these boards I have yet to see it even officially acknowledged. Which to me says there are no plans to even begin fixing it.
    This is a deal breaker. Not just for me as a vet but to new players who quickly assume these weird happenings are cheating then drop. Even vets lately have been calling cheating because when you see these warpstars take over a game, it appears very much like they are cheating.

Yes my settings/drivers... etc are good. I've posted about this many times and followed all advice and the problem still exists. Lately I am hearing people ask about the lag, warp and ping spikes more and more. It's not just me.
    Is there any word on this from the devs that maybe I havent heard or dont know about? I dont follow everything QL related I just read this general board for the most part, so maybe there's some info out there I just haven't read yet.
    QL: Any problem that can be blamed on your system/connection... will be.

"Yo Soy Fiesta!"-- Gronk

Member HolyDarkness is on a distinguished road HolyDarkness's Avatar
    dangit.. why couldn't you have titled the thread.. warp factor = ludicrous....

people may warp cause they don't have a docsis 3.0 compatable modem.. that fixed the warping people said i had.. even though my connection looked fine on my end

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDarkness View Post
    dangit.. why couldn't you have titled the thread.. warp factor = ludicrous....

end

lol... thats actually what I was going for but couldnt remember the correct line- I just drove home from Vegas so I'm still pretty fuzzy

"Yo Soy Fiesta!"-- Gronk

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    considering that you are the only person in the world that experiences it, couldn't be it on your part instead of everyone elses? Don't use wifi for instance, and a netgraph video would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    considering that you are the only person in the world that experiences it, couldn't be it on your part instead of everyone elses? Don't use wifi for instance, and a netgraph video would be nice.

My apologies, I didn't realize I was the only one. The point I was trying to make, and I should have come right out and said it, is that it's not just me.
    I should have also mentioned that other people are expressing the same problem as I have complained about and are doing so more frequently.
    Thank you for reading and responding.

"Yo Soy Fiesta!"-- Gronk

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    I sympathise, but in my 3-4 games per night I only see maybe one, sometimes two warpers.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Junior Member Guppee is on a distinguished road
    Set course for WebGame Beta, warp factor 6, Mr Sulu.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Hmm, I don't think warp factor is a speed per se. Assuming warp factor is equivalent to the gamma factor and they figured out how to contract distance without travelling at relativistic speeds, a warp factor of 6 would contract a distance of 1 meter to 1/6th of a meter.

Banned BIMNUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
    I'm with you there on the new and improved warp'a'hero's. Just got done a testy back and forth on another thread about this....I'm sure the warp deniers will be here shortly. It's a joke that anyone thinks QL is a level paying field in regards to even ingame competition were skill is the dominant factor. The latest warp'a'drama phenomena is the high ping players micro warping so there impossible to hit just like all the other levels of ping warp'a'hero's we all know and love. Literally I can target one player with a solid sense of accuracy but a guy with 20ms higher ping warps right around my shots. It's a ridiculous joke now, and leads to all kinds of accusations of hax that really cloud the real issue that because of hardware, ISP bandwidth, ISP routing and server stability, QL is an unequal, un fair playing field.

That reminds me, can anyone post actual proof that QL now has an anti cheat in place? Some verifiable source to corroborate what has bean claimed?

I've said this before, the Devs should post the names of players banned for cheating(if any actually have) to help the community verify whether there suspicions were true or false.

The netcode is crap. This is bull snot! Have a nice day!

*ARMED
    same here .

netgraph good, 125fps, ping low, but game experience is a mess due this lag/warp/stutter/pseudo ueberunlagged lag randoomness.

i talking about FFA....duel i dont know, maybe its fine on duel..
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread