+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: another 10 day s of this rubbish pool

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar

Angry another 10 day s of this rubbish pool

Looks like we could be stuck with this awful standard pool for another 10 days going by the dates the last pools have been changed. Even if i start a premium and invite 20 friends only 1 will join as most ffa players just like to play in the standard servers regardless if they have /prem/pro accounts.

I dont know if i can take another 2 days of these awful maps let alone 10.
    can someone please tell me the standard map pool will be changed sooner than i think?

I know im going on about this but it really is killing the game for me. Imagine what non subscribers feel. They wont just subscribe because the standard pool is rubbish. they will probably just stop playing the game out of boredom. You need to give them a taste id not bore them away.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    New maps come on Monday (7th).

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Always the first Monday of the month, so four days to go. Hang in there.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    id's way of getting people to buy premium/pro: make the game worse every update. Without making the premium content any better / at least the same quality.
    I almost bought pro some time ago, just so I could make my own server and kick random jackasses trying to ruin games. Then they introduced this 'new map pool system' and I (and probably a lot of people) was like wuuuut.
    Learned to live with the crap that id pushes down my throat and playing this game now barely happily. Gonna reinstall windows soon so I can actually play other games which take a little more pc power.

edit: I was not like wuuuuut. Sasparillo, don't make me sound like an 'African American' please.
    Last edited by KaasMan; 01-14-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Nah, cheese should not be spilled by wine.
    Anyway, there are people who like to play different gamemodes than FFA as well.
    And that's exactly the problem, there is a good FFA map selection here. Mostly maps that are good for FFA, are bad for CA. In other words, we've got a horrible CA map selection this month. The best maps imo are Abbey and Edge. When those maps are the best, you know that you are in trouble lol.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRAS View Post
    Even if i start a premium and invite 20 friends only 1 will join as most ffa players just like to play in the standard servers regardless if they have /prem/pro accounts.
    Are you sure it's for this reason? The only reason I can see to prefer standard server is to avoid the constant campgrounds/overkill rotation on premium CA servers...

Make sure you send them a little message like "Premium FFA server open! 20 invitations sent; come soon!" along with the invitations so they really notice it. Other than that it could be because you use some settings they don't like or you don't manage your server the way they want maybe (forcing votes, using allready too soon, kicking, etc.) ?

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    I think if they had been "in the office" they probably would of swapped the map pool a day early but i guess they`re allowed time off like everyone else.
    On another note i do think if there are more than 3 maps in rotation the last map played should not be an option in the end of match voting,playing the same map over and over again helps to quicken the tedium of the standard map pool...i mean this for FFA not team games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Are you sure it's for this reason? The only reason I can see to prefer standard server is to avoid the constant campgrounds/overkill rotation on premium CA servers...
    I never join private servers (except for one, because I know the guy who spawns them), because I figured that quite often, the owner is being a dictator, controlling the teams, maps, forcing ready-up, and kicking random people who just dare to confrontate them with what I just mentioned. And by this I mean not just 'controlling' things, but abusing the powers for their own good/stats.
    To me that's enough reason to never play private and only standard servers.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    I don't think I've ever been on a "dictator" server. Read a bunch of posts here about peoples experiences with them though. I'd like to think they are not that common.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    I never join private servers (except for one, because I know the guy who spawns them), because I figured that quite often, the owner is being a dictator, controlling the teams, maps, forcing ready-up, and kicking random people who just dare to confrontate them with what I just mentioned. And by this I mean not just 'controlling' things, but abusing the powers for their own good/stats.
    To me that's enough reason to never play private and only standard servers.
    The whole mappool system is pure crap, but there's plenty of good private servers, especially if you organise pickups in IRC.

+ Reply to Thread