+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force GPU instead of integrated graphics

Junior Member m1dnight is on a distinguished road

Force GPU instead of integrated graphics

Hello,

I've got my new laptop, an Asus N56VZ. This laptop has a GeForce GT 650M and an Intel I7 3610QM. So I have the new HD Graphics 4000.

Im suspecting the game of using my integrated graphics as I only manage to get 80+- FPS ingame. My question is how do I force the game to use my geforce? I'd like to play at around 125 fps instead of 80.

I've added chrome (that's my browser) to the profiles in nvidia control center and set preferred render device to my nvidia card, yet that doesn't seem to help. Anyone can help me with this? Thanks a lot!

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    - Open Nvidia control panel
    - Click View
    - Turn ON: Add "Run with graphics processor" Option to Context Menu"
    - Turn ON: "Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area"
    - Close Nvidia control panel
    - Right-click on the Chrome icon and select: Run with graphics processor
    - Select: "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

No you may check the indicator on the taskbar while playing (in windowed mode) to see if GT650M is used or not.

I don't have a laptop like that, but it's kinda strange that Optimus doesn't initialize the NV card for you when even a simple youtube video used to be enough. Maybe it's the default power management mode for Chrome's Nvidia profile, but that's just a guess.

Junior Member StitchYourAss is on a distinguished road StitchYourAss's Avatar
    Did you manage to get it to work? I'm think of getting a macbook retina which has similar specs, so it would be good to know if the game runs fine.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    r_lastvalidrenderer in the console will tell you what gpu is in use.
    if you have hybrid graphics then you often need to force the browser you use to play to be run with the high end gpu instead.

Junior Member guyguy is on a distinguished road
    Hi, same problem, r_lastvalidrenderer always told me "intel hd integrated". I have put mozilla.exe and plugin-container.exe with nvidia controller but still the same ...

Junior Member adas7 is on a distinguished road
    My 1215n with optimus, worked on GF only on IE, on mozilla always was IGMA, dunno why. To QL I had to swich to IE.

Me again.

It seems to be so that Nvidia disabled the feature to run Firefox with the Nvidia card, instead of the IGP.

Is there any known workaround to this?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Can you just force settings for plugin-container.exe ?

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by m1dnight View Post
    Hello,

I've got my new laptop, an Asus N56VZ. This laptop has a GeForce GT 650M and an Intel I7 3610QM. So I have the new HD Graphics 4000.

Im suspecting the game of using my integrated graphics as I only manage to get 80+- FPS ingame. My question is how do I force the game to use my geforce? I'd like to play at around 125 fps instead of 80.

I've added chrome (that's my browser) to the profiles in nvidia control center and set preferred render device to my nvidia card, yet that doesn't seem to help. Anyone can help me with this? Thanks a lot!
    in chrome -> about:flags and toggle this

Disable 3D software rasterizer Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android
    Don't fall back to a 3D software rasterizer when the GPU cannot be used.

or you can do it like this

http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium...in-auth-prompt
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

No, I can't set that either. This is quite frustrating to say the least Maybe I'll try the prism client..

+ Reply to Thread