+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OSX 10.8, Firefox - Game crashes when leaving the game

Senior Member jayP is on a distinguished road jayP's Avatar

OSX 10.8, Firefox - Game crashes when leaving the game

I've had to play on a Macintosh until my PC gets fixed and I've noticed that QL will crash at random times in game and also when I quit out of a game it crashes the browser. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this, anyone else experience this?

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    jayP.. it's due to the bad coding that Id did for QL. After 3 years they still have not fixed it. You'll also notice that you can't get over 80 FPS. Yet they will happily take your money if you buy Pro for a broken product.

At least they are honest enough to say that QL for OSX is still beta. At Almost 3 years old! Don't hold your breath waiting for Id to fix it..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Member Jaza is on a distinguished road Jaza's Avatar
    Try safari. It works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
    You unintentionally added the greatest feature of premium membership.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    jayP.. it's due to the bad coding that Id did for QL. After 3 years they still have not fixed it. You'll also notice that you can't get over 80 FPS. Yet they will happily take your money if you buy Pro for a broken product.

At least they are honest enough to say that QL for OSX is still beta. At Almost 3 years old! Don't hold your breath waiting for Id to fix it..
    Yeah I didn't really expect any solution from id, I know QL is a just a minor project for them...on OSX it's remarkable that that they even got that out. I was more hoping someone from the community had some experience with it and had a solution.

.....Someone like Jaza :]

Thanks for the Safari tip Jaza, I'll try that out and see if the game is more stable.

Wow, Safari is much better for QL on OSX :]

I did take not that after I played I was spammed with awards, I assume those awards are the accumulated awards from when I was playing through Firefox. I'm wondering if those awards are what was causing the game/browser to crash in FF, because I never got any when I was using that browser. Just throwing that observation out there if id ever decides to look into the instability of that browser with osx...

Junior Member Sim073 is on a distinguished road
    U play on OS X 10.8.1 or 10.8.2? Cause my quakelive dont work on Safari :/

+ Reply to Thread