+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pro account

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by metapsy View Post
    inb4

I want free pizzas and beers too / people are cheap bastards anyway / id Software ain't charity / people don't play instafreeze because it's too hard / the game only cost 0,000000000000000000045 rouble per hour / instafreeze is incredibly active: <link> / I know better, check my elo
    Nailed this thread metapsy.

*an00bis86
    It's a chicken and the egg problem.

Why won't people pay? Because the servers are empty.
    Why are the servers empty? Because people won't pay.

Make sense now?

*escapism_
    A lot of people won't pay, not because of the money, but because the premium servers in their region are dead. I see many people who have actually paid spending most of their time on the neutered public servers. There is even less incentive to buy pro than there is premium unless you've done a lot of networking and have a bunch of active friends. Not everyone wants to put this amount of effort in just to get into a good game of quake every once in awhile.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    It's a chicken and the egg problem.

Why won't people pay? Because the servers are empty.
    Why are the servers empty? Because people won't pay.

Make sense now?
    Depends on the mod and region. Duel works at all locations (that have servers), either premium or pro with pro obviously making life easier.

If you don't play duel then it's either europe or nothing really lol, because tdm and ctf are very much alive there (ca too obviously) but those 2 are dead anywhere else. Quake has always been euro centric after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member JEEZ is on a distinguished road JEEZ's Avatar
    It's not so hard to pay $8/m or ~$50/y and enjoy QL without any restrictions, limits etc. Too much words, too much "i want it for free" and other bla-bla-bla. In EU location i can always find CA/FFA/Duel active servers, it's not a problem.

Luv it? Support it, buy it
    [You are a really good judgement of players behind walls Seh]

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zenAn View Post
    Its not abt money lol
    Maybe not for you. For id, it is. And in the end it is for you too as the game's financial success ensures its longevity. And having more active players does not mean they'll get more paying members, no.

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    I've had a pro account for a year, this is a month into another year.

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by zAAz View Post
    It's not so hard to pay $8/m or ~$50/y and enjoy QL without any restrictions, limits etc. Too much words, too much "i want it for free" and other bla-bla-bla. In EU location i can always find CA/FFA/Duel active servers, it's not a problem.

Luv it? Support it, buy it
    If i can donate $300-$500 to charity a year, people can afford to pay $8 a month. It's so little, and if you play the game all the time, it's worth it (although i do mine all at once).

+ Reply to Thread