+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I miss how things used to be :(

Member Jylex is on a distinguished road

I miss how things used to be :(

lol, Remember when you could find HUNDREDS of Clan Arena Servers in your Skill Range, and every GOOD map was Standard, not Premium, and it was the Best CA Ever no matter what Server you Joined?
    I Miss Those Days!
    Will they Ever Correct this New Update that made things like that? it REALLY SUCK
    "Quake is more than a Game... It's an ARTFORM"
    -Okatsu

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    I still remember that beautiful sweet girl. She was 19 and I was about 20. We were in a small timber house in the mountains for a week and we only left the bed to get some food or to take a shower. Will I ever be 20 again?

Senior Member CeeLoGreen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jylex View Post
    lol, Remember when you could find HUNDREDS of Clan Arena Servers in your Skill Range, and every GOOD map was Standard, not Premium, and it was the Best CA Ever no matter what Server you Joined?
    I Miss Those Days!
    Will they Ever Correct this New Update that made things like that? it REALLY SUCK
    I remember a day once where I paid Blizzard 15 bucks a month to grind my ass off for minimal rewards.
    Now I pay pennies a day for a pro sub, and I play daily all the maps I enjoy. The are more than enough servers to choose from at any given point in the day, even at 4 am. I can't speak for tier 3, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more overwhelming than the tier 4 servers population from what I saw on my alt account. This is your tier. No way you will convince me you have no one to play with at that skill level.

What sucks IMHO is your complaint. Your actual complaint should be, "there are not as many people like yourself who sub, that can play in the maps you would like to spend your time in".
    Last edited by CeeLoGreen; 12-27-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Member saturnz is on a distinguished road
    At first I disliked this rotation system as well, but as a standard player now I actually enjoy it, especially as a dueler.

I will probably concede that CA's are not as fun, but they still are and there are workarounds if you really want to play dm6 etc.

But as a dueller I think it has benefitted myself immensely. From my own experience, the only map played was ztn with occasionally dm6 thrown in for some spice. However because of the rotation system I have been exposed to other maps, the irony now is that most of the duellers from where I come from have now moved to premium accounts, so that they can continue to mostly play the one map- ztn.

This month has been a bit difficult, since aerowalk is also played by them and I've only had exposure to this map for this month, so I was initially owned badly but now I managed to atleast hold my own, on T4 I've only lost a handful of games and beaten a few players stronger than me, and this applies equally to focal point and house of decay.

Had this rotation system not be implemented, I would have been wary of playing Hektik, Toxicity etc but now I am quite comfortable on these maps and feel its improved my standard of play. So have an open mind and if all else fails, get a premium account.

Junior Member jzwe is on a distinguished road
    I remember every CA server being campgrounds and every duel server being bloodrun, and frankly I don't miss it.

*Embrosio
    Quote Originally Posted by jzwe View Post
    I remember every CA server being campgrounds and every duel server being bloodrun, and frankly I don't miss it.
    Totally agree, now things are much better.
    I would never get to play duels on awesome maps like hub,t4,t9,battleforged etc if it wasn't for this system.

+ Reply to Thread