+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fastest 120hz LCD Gaming Monitor Discussion

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road

Fastest 120hz LCD Gaming Monitor Discussion

I'm looking to replace my Asus 23" VG236H 120hz LCD Monitor with a 'Faster' 120hz LCD Monitor. In other words, a monitor that produces the lowest amount of input lag possible. I'm not concerned with color production, ghosting, just price and input lag. My current monitor has been acting up and appears to be lagging behind at times, perhaps it's defective, maybe not, but I'm ready to move on to a different monitor.

I've been researching 120hz monitors regarding input lag, and the results are somewhat variable. My current monitor, Asus VG236H, I'm finding produces as much as 12-13ms of input lag, where competing monitors are as low as 2-3ms.

I'm currently looking at these monitors:

Benq XL2410T
    Benq XL2420T (or TX)

I also hear 120hz Samsung monitors may actually be the fastest, but I haven't researched them too much as of yet.

With the Benq series, I'm finding that the predecessor to the XL2410T, the XL2420T, actually produces almost 2x as much input lag, I could be wrong. I know these monitors have an 'instant on' feature which eliminates as many processes the monitor may take to lower input lag, but with the XL2420T, I'm finding the 'Instant On' feature doesn't make much of a difference, if at all.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 'fastest 120hz LCD' monitor? Please only respond with informed information regarding the input lag of the monitor, and which one you find is the fastest. At this point, I'm learning towards the Benq XL2410T, but I'm not sold quiet yet.
    Last edited by c3; 01-02-2013 at 01:24 PM.

I can't seem to find a place to buy the Benq XL2410T.... If I decide to pick up this monitor, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can pick one up?

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    I can't seem to find a place to buy the Benq XL2410T.... If I decide to pick up this monitor, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can pick one up?
    Can you make an online purchase here? Or do you mean to pick one up in person?
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/c...ming%20Monitor

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    if your going to spend the money, might as well get a 144hz
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*jzwe
    BenQ XL2411T

144hz, 1MS GTG and as low as <2ms input lag with instant mode on. That said, the colors aren't all that great and the default is ugly. Cheaper too.

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar
    Get a CRT. Flatrons are nice.
    Nom nom nom nom!

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by o0MrCheesy0o View Post
    And they weigh about 5 tons and take up all the space on your desk.

*jzwe
    Quote Originally Posted by o0MrCheesy0o View Post
    A good, low input lag, Lightboost enabled LCD is just as good if not better than a CRT

Banned the_devil is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jzwe View Post
    BenQ XL2411T

144hz, 1MS GTG and as low as <2ms input lag with instant mode on. That said, the colors aren't all that great and the default is ugly. Cheaper too.
    I have this monitor and I can highly recommend it. I am used to playing on CRT and other non 120Hz monitors.

There is not much difference between the input lag between this monitor and the SONY CRT I had before.

Moving from a normal 60Hz monitor to the BenQ XL2411T had a dramatic impact on my MG and LG accuracies in game.

To get the highest refresh at the highest resolutions you will need a DVI connection as opposed to the VGA connection.

For me the colours are just fine there is a movie mode - but I have a 60" TV to watch movies on.

I've not tried the 3D capabilities of this monitor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the_devil View Post
    I have this monitor and I can highly recommend it. I am used to playing on CRT and other non 120Hz monitors.

There is not much difference between the input lag between this monitor and the SONY CRT I had before.

Moving from a normal 60Hz monitor to the BenQ XL2411T had a dramatic impact on my MG and LG accuracies in game.

To get the highest refresh at the highest resolutions you will need a DVI connection as opposed to the VGA connection.

For me the colours are just fine there is a movie mode - but I have a 60" TV to watch movies on.

I've not tried the 3D capabilities of this monitor yet.
    I can't seem to find a place to buy this monitor either, BenQ XL2411T.

+ Reply to Thread