Closed Thread

Thread: Banned, Contact Support.

Junior Member hooj is on a distinguished road

Banned, Contact Support.

New account (as i dont remember my old one) as its been forever since playing, playing on my parents connection, i highly doubt that they have played quakelive and been banned..

any idea how i would go about this, as i dont have 'full support' just a basic account..

thanks
    ho0j

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hooj View Post
    any idea how i would go about this
    well you should.. you know.. contact support?!

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Just wondering: isn't it possible that there is a bug about people skipping a few updates and getting banned when they try to update and play again? Not saying I have proof or anything, and yes, it might be just a trick from former hackers, but we see so many complains about issues like this lately, it's kinda suspicious.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Don't bother contacting support now since the whole QL team is on leave 'til next year. Rather try making a new account for the time being, hopefully they haven't banned your IP, MAC etc..

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Don't bother contacting support now since the whole QL team is on leave 'til next year. Rather try making a new account for the time being, hopefully they haven't banned your IP, MAC etc..
    u know that they actually ban for ban evasion too? not the brightest of ideas here.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    u know that they actually ban for ban evasion too? not the brightest of ideas here.
    It would not be evading anything... simply making a new account which would not be possible if they banned him properly. In other words, if you can make a new account, then Id didn't intend to block him from the game.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    It would not be evading anything... simply making a new account which would not be possible if they banned him properly. In other words, if you can make a new account, then Id didn't intend to block him from the game.
    it's only allowed if the banned account was the only one used by that person. It's in the rules that one user may only have two accounts and not more, and yes they ban for that too.

It would not be evading anything...
    yes it would. its evading the ban they placed on him in the first place.

simply making a new account which would not be possible if they banned him properly.
    oh really? define banning properly, you don't know much about it but here you claim that you do, im excited.

In other words, if you can make a new account, then Id didn't intend to block him from the game.
    wrong, if you end up banned - their intention is for you to stay away from the game, until either the expiration date occurs or entirely, hence the ban evasion would result in another penalty.

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    Anyways... Hooj you will need to email support@quakelive.com and inquire.
    The id software office is closed until Jan 2nd. So keep that in mind please.

Closed Thread