+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spectating

Junior Member b00st27 is on a distinguished road

Spectating

why am i not allowed to spectate pro/premium players? not being able to join the game is acceptable, but why shouldn't i be able spectate?

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    In what mode you cant spec? ... and how is this a suggestion?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    He probably means he is a standard user that wants to spectate on premium servers for free.

Solutions are paying (lol) or watching qlrankstv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member Worm318 is on a distinguished road
    It would be good for free players to spectate premium servers so they can see what they could get for suscribing. In fact anything premium-related is quite hidden from standard players.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I think it's an idea at least worth considering.

Probably though they should have a tag on their name that would say "standard" in red or whatever, so that if they spectate a team game and the teams aren't even they aren't harassed to join.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I'd like to see a general "Spectate-only" option as well, with the ability to join lower-tiered servers. Many of my friends are Tier 3 and my kids are like Tier 0, and it would be nice to be able to spectate some of these matches and chat/advise. While I do see some space for abuse here, maybe the requirement is that you must have a 'friend' on those lower servers and that you can still be kicked off.

This would need to come with a (S) flag for you name in the list so joiners know that you cannot join the match. The (S) would need to show up in the browser and in the scrolling list at the bottom so people don't join creating a lopsided balance waiting for you to hop in.

I see several benefits to that kind of system, including allowing Standards to spec-only Premium matches.

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by b00st27 View Post
    why am i not allowed to spectate pro/premium players? not being able to join the game is acceptable, but why shouldn't i be able spectate?
    I think Pikaluva once pointed out that this could lead to the problem of ghosting. That would be where a subscriber uses a standard alternate account to spectate while playing in the same match as the subscriber.

But if I am not explaining this correctly, then maybe he will post on this thread and explain it better.

*an00bis86
    drunkenFooL, technically speaking, this is already possible what you are describing. We're allowed to have two accounts under the ToS for QL. If you have access to two computers, you could easily play on one account, while have the other in the same game spectating.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    drunkenFooL, technically speaking, this is already possible what you are describing. We're allowed to have two accounts under the ToS for QL. If you have access to two computers, you could easily play on one account, while have the other in the same game spectating.
    The ghosting/cheating issues is certainly a risk here. But I think people have also been banned for stat-farming against their own accounts.

Personally, I have enough problem paying attention to 1 screen when playing, I'd hate to see myself trying to watch two screens with different perspectives!

Junior Member b00st27 is on a distinguished road
    ghosting will happen if a player wants i to. get on vent with someone you know that has a premium/pro account and the such. i don't even want to have my player listed with a (S) or anything. give a server so many open spots for standard spectators who aren't allowed to chat with the people who pay. this avoids trolls. i however didn't know about qlrankstv so thanks for that one

+ Reply to Thread