+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustred by Duel Losses

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar

Angry Duel is a waste of time for us noobs

why is all the duel servers tier 4 all the time? don't noobs like me play that mode at all. Every-time i play i get beat heavily. Iv posted looking for duel a duel partner to learn off each-other but the only response i get is from tier 4 players or players that ignore my invite for duel every-time even though they said they would. I love this mode and imo its the best but i cant ever play it because i get humiliated and laughed at.

I know im moaning all the time lately but the game is giving me reasons to do so.
    Last edited by ANDRAS; 12-25-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    QL's matchmaking in duel is a farce and the skill ratings are incredibly volatile for some reason. On the day PP14 launched I had a higher sv_skillrating than baksteen and jum8o, I would get destroyed in that game yet according to QL I should have beaten either of them. Try using one of the many scripts that display players qlranks elo prior to joining the match and choose your server accordingly. afaik qlranks has one of its own available on the website.
    Last edited by pwnstar; 12-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Doesn't QL community have some IRC channel to help ppl meet and play balanced duels?

Junior Member system187 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
    Doesn't QL community have some IRC channel to help ppl meet and play balanced duels?
    Try #qlpickup.us on quakenet.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...cussion-in-IRC
    Last edited by system187; 12-22-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by system187 View Post
    im either doing something wrong or there's never anyone on that chat thing. i get it on prism and it seems pointless to me but im probably doing something wrong.

This duel carry on is really getting to me. i can not for the life of me get a game with someone of similar skill to me. I sit in servers for ages waiting . i message my friends but they are more ffa nuts. Thanks to mike though he gives me a few games when he comes on but still he kicks ma b*t. I know i learn a lot off playing better players but they hammer me like 30 nil. How am i ever going to improve. I love this game and yes i do sometimes take it to serious but its got a hold of me. Im board off ffa though but duel i will never get board of. AS LONG AS I GET PEOPLE TO PLAY.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    You'd be surprised how hard I had to work to beat you today - it felt very evenly matched to me. The trouble with duel is that most of the people playing it are pretty hardcore - low tier players like us don't stand a chance. The best games are always the evenly-matched ones - while you might learn a lot watching videos of good players, you won't gain much from playing them because they always seem to have the upper hand and are too strong. Keep picking up the armour and health and work on your aim - practicing against bots is more useful than people think.

It's hard to find a matched game at our level, so I will keep looking out for you. You're improving, and it's early days yet. I've seen you hold your own in FFA, no reason you can't do it in duel, too. Chin up!

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    I'd duel you but i'm Canadian, you're Euro. I'm looking for duel partners for normal QL and PQL myself, although i have a few right now.

Member l0v3 is on a distinguished road l0v3's Avatar
    add me andras ill learn it all with you, timing anything is my downfall ill try and point out mistakes as i see them happen too, we both got pro so we can pause the game whenever needed even /abort before the end if need be win/loss makes no difference to me as long as its fun. I love my ffa too but plan on spending a lot more time dueling, got the same problem as u tho so hopefully we'll have some good duels.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    If it gets too frustrating might wanna switch to a less stressful game mode and practice individual skills (aim, timing, movement) instead of everything at once, and then start dueling again when you can hold your own.

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    I'm having similar problems. Just to make my experience a bit better, I've tried QLRanks grease monkey script. And it helps actually ELO gives more accurate skill matching.

+ Reply to Thread