+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Setting up your Quake Live mapping environment

Junior Member theburgerman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayfis View Post
    Hi guys, getting this issue with 1.6.3 on Win7 32:

It does this even on a single caulked block, not just the ininity map. The textures dissapear and show the wireframe of the triangles. As I move the camera they dissapear / re-appear based on the position of the camera.
    Im using modified graphics drivers on a Intel 945GM laptop, but all the games I (can) run on it work fine, including QL itself and Radiant 1.5.

Here is my log:
    http://pastebin.com/8r7zm6E6
    I had a similar problem I fixed it by pressing Ctrl +\ or you could go to the menu and under "View" un-check cubic clipping.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Thats a cool looking program never seen a ss before of it
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member DaCracka69 is on a distinguished road
    I was wondering how would I go about adding my own textures to maps? I'm wanting to do a few of the classic DM's but use the classic textures that were used or even some high-res stuff based on the textures. Thanks

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    Hey, for textures, simply create a new folder with the name of your map inside your baseq3\textures\ directory (if you don't have that one yet, simply create it). Be sure that you own the rights to any of the content you use with quakelive maps.

Edit: Modifying stock QL textures is ok though.

Alright, thanks cityy! Maybe sometime this week I might have a picture of what I have so far for people to leave comments on.

Cityy, you think you can help me out on this making a pf file? I've read the link and I still don't understand a thing it means at all. Thanks.

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    Sorry here as well, I meant to reply but completely forgot. If you still need help, read the bottom part of this post. Everything should be explained there.
    If you get stuck at one point in particular let me know what your exact issues are.

Member i4n is on a distinguished road
    Hey!
    Got some problems with getting my map working in QL, cant even launch QL when i put the .pk3 in baseq3. (error message)

This is how i do it:
    I create a new folder called "maps", and place MyMap.bsp inside.
    Then I add the folder to a ZIP-file (Tried both Win-zip and Win-rar), change from mymap.zip to mymap.pk3.
    Then I make a new Text document, type <C:\user\...\...\...\quakelivedec.exe> mymap_notencrypted.pk3 mymap_encrypted.pk3, change to bat-file.
    All I get is a pk3 file thats 0kb.

Member Obsidian is on a distinguished road
    I suspect quakelivedec.exe can't find your PK3 file. Is your source PK3 file in the same folder as quakelivedec.exe? If not, you will need the direct path to the PK3 file.

Junior Member Gilazuzu is on a distinguished road

WM_Create on game failed

when I start wolfcam I get the following error, need help : WM_Create on game failed
    How do I fix This?

wolfcamql10.2
    GtkRadiant-1.6.4-20130922
    Vista 64bit

C:\Users\Gilazuzu\Desktop\Quakelive\wolfcamql10.2\ baseq3

----------------------
    12649 files in pk3 files
    CM_LoadMap(maps/room.bsp)
    Loading dll file qagame.
    Sys_LoadDll(C:\Users\Gilazuzu\AppData\Roaming\wolf camql\wolfcam-ql\qagamex86.dll)...
    Sys_LoadDll(C:\Users\Gilazuzu\AppData\Roaming\wolf camql\wolfcam-ql\qagamex86.dll) failed:
    "Failed loading C:\Users\Gilazuzu\AppData\Roaming\wolfcamql\wolfca m-ql\qagamex86.dll: The specified module could not be found.
    "
    Sys_LoadDll(C:\Users\Gilazuzu\Desktop\Quakelive\wo lfcamql10.2\wolfcam-ql\qagamex86.dll)...
    Sys_LoadDll(C:\Users\Gilazuzu\Desktop\Quakelive\wo lfcamql10.2\wolfcam-ql\qagamex86.dll) failed:
    "Failed loading C:\Users\Gilazuzu\Desktop\Quakelive\wolfcamql10.2\ wolfcam-ql\qagamex86.dll: The specified module could not be found.
    "
    Sys_LoadDll(qagame) failed to load library
    Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
    Loading vm file vm/qagame.qvm...
    Failed.
    ^1VM_Create failed to load qvm
    ^1Com_Error(): VM_Create on game failed----- CL_Shutdown -----
    disconnect
    Closing SDL audio device...
    SDL audio device shut down.
    RE_Shutdown( 1 )
    GLimp_Shutdown: mode 4 lastMode 4
    -----------------------
    ----- Server Shutdown (Server fatal crashed: VM_Create on game failed) -----
    note: discovered that qagamex86.dll were quarantined by Avast antivirus wolfcamql-10.2 - and wolfcamql-10.3 fixed the problem
    Last edited by Gilazuzu; 11-18-2013 at 02:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread