+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    I downloaded your .map file but Im not sure what exactly you want to create?

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    this is a just closed map that can be used to start building stuff without thinking of lightning and void
    the rest would be copy-pasta. it would be perfect if there was a big advertising with all the shortcuts listed

unrelated question: to make a curved stairway - step by step or is there a trick?
    Last edited by ybl; 05-13-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    Still don't really get what it is about with the map.. :x
    About the shortcut list, I'd like to arrange that but I need to see how I find time.

About curved staircases, the easiest way is probably creating two bevels als temporairy guidance for your staircase and then placing brushes between them and manipulating them with the edge tool (E) until they fit in.

Junior Member KillerFox is on a distinguished road KillerFox's Avatar
    cityy Thanks a lot for these helpful video tutorials.
    I completely understand your tutorials because I've experienced in 3D modeling with Blender3D and a little in UDK. I took a sheet of paper and I drew some sketches. Huh, I've got an idea, but I don't know how to apply in GTKradiant. Here I am referring to some special things. Such as: windows, rays of light and the light blur effect.
    Let's cut to the chase. I want to create a lighted map, not a darkened map. For example, a map like Asylum.
    I wonder how can I make with GTKradiant what is in this picture:
    The window and the rays of light.
    It would be a wonderful idea if you will make a video tutorial
    about how to make a window (like in Asylum and others maps) and the rays of light.
    What do you say, Can you help me?
    Last edited by KillerFox; 05-25-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Layout

*Isbanan
    Heya!

Have anyone here ever encountered the free-look in the Radiant spinning like a m**********r to the right whenever you enter playmode?

This is really bothering me, hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance!

Sjonsson

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    someone please remake q2ctf1/2/3/4, thanks
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*DedEyez
    ok well someone told me you cant upload custom map to quakelive but is there a way to do a local server and invite friends to play?

Junior Member Martinheterjag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DedEyez View Post
    ok well someone told me you cant upload custom map to quakelive but is there a way to do a local server and invite friends to play?
    You cant make local servers in ql. You cant play custom maps with friends in ql but you can load them in practice.
    I usually test my maps with mates in q3, so i make one q3 version to test gameplay keep in mind that all jumps and such wont work the same in ql and q3.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Precision : "practice" is on a local server. So local servers are possible... just not with other people.

Junior Member Gilazuzu is on a distinguished road
    Is there a tutorial on how to make the pk3 and how to test the map in QL in practice? cant get it to work

+ Reply to Thread