+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chat killing

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    chatting during the round should be an automatic kick from game. Need to teach people team play one way or another.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freem1nd View Post
    He says "srry" and stops moving. I stop too and take a sip of my drink etc. Conveniently, right as the next mega is about to come up he goes "go" and races toward RA and mega while I'm still putting my drink down. So he takes control and runs with it. I took it back too late for me to make up the difference in frags before the time ran out. Pissed me off so much.
    I've been burned before like this as well. That's why on pubs if someone goes afk, stops and chats, stands still or what have you I always "bias" the situation a bit. I don't just stop and try to make things fair, I tilt it in my advantage somewhat.

It's a little mean but you have to protect yourself. If I was playing in a competition or on lan I would probably not do this in an attempt to preserve the integrity of the game. However there you have timeout/timein that absolutely should be used.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    depends who it is

i don't think its very honorable to kill someone whose chatting, on the contrast to that sometimes you better kill off someone standing around as they might just shoot you in the back the second you turn your back on em.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    in ffa and ca I always leave them with 1hp so I don't get bad rep lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member Ironb4lls is on a distinguished road
    Unless it's a duel with a friend, I say take 'em out. In FFA, a chat frag is worth just as many points as a double mid-air rocket juggle combo, and in a team game, they're probably giving information to their teammates, so you must make it costly for them. And it's not like the other person is losing a point by dying.

Besides, someone's going to get credit for the free kill. It might as well be me.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    i agree that chatfragging is offensive, but *chatting* is more offensive, if you are in the server with me, you should be playing, not chatting.

said that, i generally let them be, more so if it's the beginning of the round. i do however have a spambind /bind m say LESS TALKY MOAR FRAGGY that sees a lot of use.

Member Ironb4lls is on a distinguished road
    I sometimes stop to type something mid-game if I'm ahead, or have no chance of catching up. But I harbor no illusions that the little speech bubble grants me some sort of temporary immunity from someone looking for an easy kill.

Junior Member The_Grocer is on a distinguished road
    in quake live you can frag and chat in real time, which is great. Sometimes the fragging is fun, sometimes the chatting is fun. Sometimes peoples chat can be annoying, particularly if they are using racist or homophobic language, but then coming upon them whilst they are typing and revving the gauntlet up their ass is hugely satisfying. If I feel like making some pithy comment, I don't expect to be alive when I hit enter. Also I have played some games where I have been top of the scoreboard half way through, but sabotage my own chances of winning because I feel compelled to say "feel the power of ... THE GROCER" or similar because it makes me happy and I enjoy the subsequent abuse. It's like having real friends.

Senior Member jayP is on a distinguished road jayP's Avatar
    The proper way to chat-frag is with the gauntlet :]

Junior Member Guppee is on a distinguished road
    QL is shooty shooty not chatty chatty. Spec if you want to practice your typing. I also like to frag those who are scratching their nose or on the phone even though somehow in game I should know they are doing that and leave them be.

+ Reply to Thread