+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: QLPP15 Site Update - December 17, 2012

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    great update. thx and merry Christmas all

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    In an inaccessible room along the corridor on the way to YA.
    How odd. It appears as if the door to the medkit has a switch, but it doesn't work. The Warehouse has a similar switch but it actually works: it raises the bars on a tiny window.

I wonder if there is a switch somewhere else on the map.

Banned _HAMMERTIME_ is on a distinguished road
    q2dm1... q2dm8...
    I had to read that update twice because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! Sounds incredible! Now those maps would be complete if you added/changed the following:
    - hand grenades: pretty simple addition asset-wise - just use the old sounds from Q2 and just a simple grenade model needed.
    - BFG: Q3/QL BFG is terrible. Bring back the original and best Q2/Doom style BFG... lasers ftw!
    - Q2 tiered armor: PQL/QW tiers doesn 't feel right. Q2 tiers let you double-stack and gave less protection for energy weapons (ie: gauntlet, plasmagun, BFG)

3 simple changes there. A few hours of coding really, and it'd add a ton of value to those maps and any future Q2 maps. Good work devs!

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    The MedKit on Cold Cathode is inaccessible; blame SyncError for that one.

I hope everyone enjoys the new maps non the less. \o/

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Looks like a job for Captain Lag
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member crooGz is on a distinguished road
    Winters Egde. Gone. Whose bright idea was that?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    To all you guys wondering why Winter's Edge is gone, it's not exactly hard to figure it out. While I do agree that it'd be nice to have it during the holidays, id doesn't want to have 2 of the same map in a different theme. It's the same reason that the level that you can play against Crash isn't accessible; it's because they're the same map, but with a different theme.

In my opinion you guys should stop complaining about every little thing and just be happy that you got The Edge finally. It certainly couldn't have been an easy task for cityy.

As for the Medkit in Cold Cathode, I got it once, so I don't know what any of you are talking about it being inaccessible.
    (He says while not mentioning that he used noclip)

Banned _HAMMERTIME_ is on a distinguished road
    Btw, RA on The Edge is a major mistake. That changes the whole gameplay there completely. I'd strongly recommend changing it to GA. And the old ammo pack boxes to get to Mega shouldn't allow you to jump from the first box to the upper box... it never allowed that in the original and here as well as in wintersedge that just felt cheap. Other than that, I think the changes to both maps were for the better.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _HAMMERTIME_ View Post
    Btw, RA on The Edge is a major mistake. That changes the whole gameplay there completely. I'd strongly recommend changing it to GA. And the old ammo pack boxes to get to Mega shouldn't allow you to jump from the first box to the upper box... it never allowed that in the original and here as well as in wintersedge that just felt cheap. Other than that, I think the changes to both maps were for the better.
    *has no input for the armor*

As for the jumping, it's impossible to completely replicate every jump when the physics are different from Q2.

Thanks for your input TheMuffinMan ;P

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar
    Thanks for the new maps! Squeee! PQL CA servers are much appreciated
    Nom nom nom nom!

+ Reply to Thread