+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: QLPP15 Site Update - December 17, 2012

  1. #81
    Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kepler-22b
    Posts
    8,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    rofl

    was just about to point this out

    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ontact-Support.

    this guy seems a pro at spreading false information. let id ip check you and find out which other accounts you have and you will see that you'll be banned again.

    cheers
    This is assuming that the guy in that post was ip banned justifiably, and not one of the many victims of an ip ban intended for another player.

    If he was unjustifiably banned it makes sense that he should be allowed to play.

    I think this is grasping at straws to find "dirt" on a person you don't like.

  2. #82
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Meh. Danstar, you either didn't understand where I was coming from or you choose to distort the meaning of what I said.

    If Id want to remove you from the game, they'll ban your IP, MAC and HWID. If that individual had such a ban imposed on him then he wouldn't simply be able to make a new account... it wouldn't work! That's the first point, second is that according to the ToS players are allowed 2 accounts. Assuming this guy only had one he could be allowed to make a second. Thirdly, and most importantly, your 'advice' to him to contact support was ludicrous given that there still will be no support for a week to come! I gave a short-term solution that may or may not work and when the devs come back he could go right ahead and email them.

    Really now. Case closed.
    Fact #1: The person you are referring in third person is yourself lol. You are banned from the game, not an hypothetical someone, therefore shouldn't be playing nor discussing about it.

    Fact #2: You are circumventing a ban, even bragging about it. http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...795#post246795. As danstar wrote that's a ban-able offense on itself no matter the reason why you were banned in first place, which we don't know (might be cheating or other).
    The ToS states you can make up to 2 accounts if you are not banned; it is not a license for cheating then coming back.

    Fact #3: For some reason you are not banned like other people, which includes ip, mac, hardware id and account, and still can post on the forums with the same account that's banned ("themuffinman86").

    Fact #4: You are spreading false information on other posts. Ban-able on its own, so it is 3 bans so far yet you are still here.

    Fact #5: And the one that interests me, you have no clue about the game yet talk about it like you made it or at least knew how to play.
    Last edited by megaman3; 12-27-2012 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  3. #83
    Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Fact #1: The person you are referring in third person is yourself lol. You are banned from the game, not an hypothetical someone.
    Fact #2: You are circumventing a ban, even bragging about it. http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...795#post246795. The ToS states you can make up to 2 accounts if you are not banned; it is not a license for cheating once.
    Fact #3: For some reason you are not banned like other people, which includes ip, mac, hardware id and account, and still can post on the forums.
    Fact #4: You are spreading false information on other posts.
    1. I was referring to the OP of the thread Danstar had his knockers in a knot about. Catch a wake up.
    2. Is there a problem?
    3. More assumptions. Forums != in-game
    4. Nope.

  4. #84
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,199
    I updated the post a bit, but thing is your opinions simply cannot be considered because you are banned for cheating or whatever reason. You were expelled from the "private club" this is yet screaming from outside and sneaking in while the security guards are on vacation.

    You know it's obvious you are getting perma banned the minute the admins get back, including hardware id, because you have 3 ban-able offenses.
    Last edited by megaman3; 12-27-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  5. #85
    Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kepler-22b
    Posts
    8,370
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    I updated the post a bit, but thing is your opinions simply cannot be considered because you are banned for cheating or whatever reason. You were expelled from the "private club" this is yet screaming from outside and sneaking in while the security guards are on vacation.

    You know it's obvious you are getting perma banned the minute the admins get back, including hardware id, because you have 3 ban-able offenses.
    A. He isn't spreading misinformation

    B. You don't know for certain that he has circumvented a ban.

    C. You don't know for certain what he was banned for and if this ban was deserved.

    D. He has made plenty of contributions to the community, namely the Quake Live Console Guide. What have you done?

    E. A game ban is different than a forum ban.

    F. It doesn't matter who he is or what his status is, his points can still have merit.

  6. #86
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    A. He isn't spreading misinformation

    B. You don't know for certain that he has circumvented a ban.

    C. You don't know for certain what he was banned for and if this ban was deserved.

    D. He has made plenty of contributions to the community, namely the Quake Live Console Guide. What have you done?

    E. A game ban is different than a forum ban.

    F. It doesn't matter who he is or what his status is, his points can still have merit.
    A. He is (see, without actual points statements are useless).

    B. He accepted it twice already.

    C. Who cares. Fact is he is banned.

    D. Doesn't matter, and that's not much of a contribution anyway as it's just pressing tab in-game then googling commands.

    E. It is still weird that he is allowed to express himself on the official forums of a game he is not allowed to play.

    F. Do you listen to tier2s or 12 year olds? Of course not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  7. #87
    Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Still upset? Mega, listen up buddy, I'm only going to say this once. There's more to life than playing video games and trolling forums... there's a whole world out there! The sooner you realise that, the sooner you will look back and wish you didn't go off in such a fashion, slobbering teen-angst all over the place and putting multiple threads hopelessly off-topic. Take a moment to think about what I've said. This discussion is over.

    Edit:
    This message is hidden because megaman3 is on your ignore list.
    Ah, peace at last!

  8. #88
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,199
    aren't you the one still discussing about something you were expelled from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  9. #89
    Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kepler-22b
    Posts
    8,370
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    A. He is (see, without actual points statements are useless).
    I disagree.

    B. He accepted it twice already.
    When?

    C. Who cares. Fact is he is banned.
    So let me get this straight, if you were on fire and someone who was banned told you that, you wouldn't believe them?

    D. Doesn't matter, and that's not much of a contribution anyway as it's just pressing tab in-game then googling commands.
    This one made me lol. You have NO IDEA how difficult it actually is. I was actually creating a list myself before Muffin posted his and let me tell you, it's a nightmare. The vast majority of the cvars are not explained anywhere, and many exist only in QL or have quirks in QL that they don't have elsewhere. There are ~1,300 cvars in QL at the moment. A great many of them require testing and writing a concise explanation for what they do is sometimes difficult.

    Even the shortened one that I made was a lot of work and took me a long time.

    E. It is still weird that he is allowed to express himself on the official forums of a game he is not allowed to play.
    It's not weird, I just explained to you that they are different. I'm sure you've seen the tech support area where banned players are often seen, some of them banned undeservedly.

    F. Do you listen to tier2s or 12 year olds? Of course not.
    Statements can be true regardless of their source.

    Only people who do not think for themselves rely on the authority (ethos appeal) of the message to evaluate its quality. As a result, they are often mislead by those touting credentials, real, imagined, or otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts