+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aborted Game

Junior Member Nikk is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Aborted Game

Admins u need to off that function from pro players to Abort the game , many times i was playing on pro server and in the end of the game admin of server when losing abort it ... its noobish but all do that, to dont lose some elo !

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    I hope they don't remove it. It's vital for aborting PCWs, clan practices etc if someone starts a game with the wrong settings, or someone has serious connection issues.

The scenario you describe does sound pretty sucky, but all you've been denied is some stats and an Elo boost. Like all pro servers you do have to be a little careful which ones you join and make a list of those that are run by those that have self esteem issues.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    There are quite a lot of people (including me sadly) who's sens/accel goes haywire after an abort, so (while it would be really handy sometimes) I stay away from that feature as much as possible.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Please report the offenders at support@quakelive.com (with demos)... it's better to report the bad people than to take away a feature.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    Yes, please report these players. Abusing the abort function to improve one's stats is against the TOS for Quakelive.

The abort function is nice for when an organized game accidentally launches before all players are ready or if the stream isn't set up or if a player is kicked becuase of a server password problem (this happens a lot if players have ever /seta password or have a /password in their cfg).

+ Reply to Thread