+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still seeing people "dropped due to inactivity" while waiting for CA round to end

Hybrid View

*honeyBOOBOO

Thumbs down Still seeing people "dropped due to inactivity" while waiting for CA round to end

I have seen this problem for a long time, I've posted it here, I've reposted it here, and still we get ignored. With no warning, and sometimes with 10 seconds warning, I'm regularly seeing players dropped "due to inactivity" WHILE WAITING FOR A CLAN ARENA ROUND TO END. To fix this bug, only about 5 more seconds needs to be added to the setting that drops people. Why on EARTH is it even counting down and essentially calling you inactive when you've died and are waiting for a round to end?

Could someone give me the email of the developers. I'm tired of posting this bug, only to see it never get fixed. It's a simple problem and a very simple fix, but apparently nobody with any power pays attention to these message boards.

In the past when I've posted this bug, I see people who don't fully understand what I'm talking about, tell me there is no bug.

YEA I GET IT, if someone walks away from their keyboard during a match, after a certain period of time, the server should drop them. I get that. Really I do. The problem is it's dropping people who are merely waiting for a clan arena round to end. This bug is stupid, and even stupider, it happens to a regular amount of people.

There have been times I know I moved my mouse while waiting for the round to end, and STILL the stupid server tells me "ten seconds to activity removal." Today, I was dropped due to inactivity and no warning was given.

*honeyBOOBOO
    BTW don't confuse what I'm talking about, with when it says "so n so TIMED OUT" because they are not the same

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    If they're just sitting there in the freecam without doing anything, that fully fits into "inactvitiy". It's not that hard to talk to your team, talk to anyone in the server, or just switch the PoV of the player you're watching. I've never seen this occur, and there's only been a few complaints about it on the forum (presumably from you on aliases)

Just don't sit there and wait...talk to people. It's not that hard.

(Yes, I realize it's an issue with the inactivity being less time than the round because people camp all the time in CA, but as long as you talk to other people you'll never have this issue.)

*alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    If they're just sitting there in the freecam without doing anything, that fully fits into "inactvitiy". It's not that hard to talk to your team, talk to anyone in the server, or just switch the PoV of the player you're watching. I've never seen this occur, and there's only been a few complaints about it on the forum (presumably from you on aliases)

Just don't sit there and wait...talk to people. It's not that hard.

(Yes, I realize it's an issue with the inactivity being less time than the round because people camp all the time in CA, but as long as you talk to other people you'll never have this issue.)
    most pathetic and most biased explanation ever to justify something. force me to talk to people because a bug doesn't get fixed? get out.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    most pathetic and most biased explanation ever to justify something. force me to talk to people because a bug doesn't get fixed? get out.
    Yes, because it's so hard to press "t". You don't even *need* to say anything since the "t" shows you're still there to the game. I guess I missed how it's pathetic when you're the one that's being antisocial. It also couldn't be any less biased since I don't even play that crappy gametype. I'll play Shootmania over Clan Arena any day. At least in Shootmania you know going in there will be something to laugh about. In Clan Arena you've just got the people that think they're good because they can spam a lot.

*alpha
    its irrelevant if you like ca or shootmania, promoting another game over a quake-mode should get you a ban, period.

you're not even able to stick with the topic, if that's social then you are delusional.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    This may be easy to a avoid, but it should be fixed nonetheless.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I've had it happen to me a few times actually. Between rounds, especially when you die early like I do, is a great time to catch up on email/texts. So I may be poking around on my phone waiting to hear the next round count-down begin. After the first couple times this happened, I generally try to remember to bump my mouse if the round is dragging on, but it seems like it's simple enough to fix.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    The developers are aware of this bug. If you have demos of yourself or other players getting kicked due to inactivity please post them.

Sasparillo, Sponge, and SyncError all read this forum with some regularity. They don't often post.

Edit to add: The demos are needed to help with recreating the bug, not becuase I don't believe the bug exists. I think I have seen it once or twice in a few hundred CA games. I haven't played any large CA lately. I think its most likely to happen in a full CA server.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I don't think any demo is needed for this TBH. The problem is simply that there's no distinction in "I'm afk and playing" and "I'm dead and waiting for the round to end".

+ Reply to Thread