+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Private Messages to friends.??..>!!!!

Junior Member station is on a distinguished road station's Avatar

Private Messages to friends.??..>!!!!

Not sure if this has been posted. i scrolled through a few pages to see and i didn't see anything unless i'm blind. sorry if its been talked about already but id like to stress the fact a PM = Private Message should be added into QL. Is there a reason there isn't a such option?

Being a clan leader, i have a solid core of players and great guys/gals i talk n play with on a daily basis. I know some of you will tell me to get vent ext. i do but my clan doesn't use this yet as we are noncompetitive till the new year. possibly. A pm option would be great so i can get a hold of certain players i haven't seen or played with cause of time zone differences.

is a pm option a great idea here? or not?

kind regards
    station

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    If the player is online, and on your friend's list, you can send them a private message by clicking on their name which opens a chat box for you to type in.

If you are in-game, full screen, you can use the console to chat with them with the following commands:

\tell_buddy <name> <message>

\reply <message>

You can also bind a key to messagemode5 (I like to use backspace), this will open a chat window similar to in-game chat, except the message will go to the last person who messaged, just like reply.

Offline players will not receive messages, so if this is the functionality you are looking for you will have to use third party utilities. Either e-mail, or more commonly IRC.

In my clan we use IRC for the majority of our communication. One very trustworthy member has the cell phone numbers of all our members, so that they can be texted to check availability for a scrimmage or match.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    My clan uses various things. TS3, Mumble for gaming. Shoutbox at our clan board, PM's at board. And a Quakenet #IRC channel.

A lot of people and clans use quake net.. Go here.. http://www.quakenet.org/
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Junior Member station is on a distinguished road station's Avatar
    Thanks fellas !

+ Reply to Thread