+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To Look With The Arrow Keys? (HELP?)

*UnD3ADxBARBI3

How To Look With The Arrow Keys? (HELP?)

Okay, So this is my first time on Quake Live. I recently started playing the Quake 3 Demo and I wanted to try this out. Dilemma: on Q3D I use the up and down arrows for moving forward and backwards, and the left and right arrows for looking left and right, with the space as shoot. I figured out on here how to change my shooting button, but have yet to find how to change the look controls... help? (P.S. i have a laptop, so i have no mouse, which is why i prefer this setup.)

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You can press "Esc" and access the Game Settings. There's a nice little interface that allows you to change all of this stuff without even touching the console. (I suggest that because I assume you tried to find a way to do it with the console)

*UnD3ADxBARBI3
    Actually, i went into the game settings, and even the advanced game settings and still can't find the 'look left' and 'look right' options like on Q3D.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Open the console while in game....:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    Be advised that the console is locked in QL by default. CTRL+ALT+TILDE opens it (tilde is the button under ESC).
    You may also do /com_allowconsole 1 to open it permanently, so it will come down when you press tilde alone.
    and enter the following (hit enter after each line of course):

/bind LEFTARROW "+left"
    /bind RIGHTARROW "+right"

done.

*fonsxe
    Also:
    bind uparrow "+lookup"
    bind downarrow "+lookdown"

UnD3ADxBARBI3, games like this aren't designed to be played like that. This game is too fast to aim with the keyboard. Which is also why they are not available in the in-game menu I assume. Just plug in a mouse already. ;-)

http://gamedrone.net/2009/03/02/18-t...ive-beginners/
    Last edited by fonsxe; 12-13-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by UnD3ADxBARBI3 View Post
    i have a laptop, so i have no mouse, which is why i prefer this setup
    Why would having a laptop prevent you from buying a mouse? Spare yourself a few years of wasted time hopelessly using the touchpad (which is absolutely ********) and get a mouse. The cheaper, the better.
    That it makes playing Quake 50x easier is another matter entirely...

Junior Member Nooooooooooooo is on a distinguished road
    how do you make it spin faster? whats the command?

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    /sensitivity <1-30>

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooooooooooooo View Post
    how do you make it spin faster? whats the command?
    If you mean with the keyboard, the cvar is cl_yawspeed (left and right) and cl_pitchspeed (up and down).

Unfortunately these cannot be changed from their defaults of 140 except on localhost with cheats enabled (devmap <mapname>).

This was done to prevent the use of movement scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPadre View Post
    /sensitivity <1-30>
    Actually the range of sensitivity is much, much larger than this.

+ Reply to Thread