+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we PLEASE do something to stop win-joiners ruining games

Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road

Can we PLEASE do something to stop win-joiners ruining games

I notice the problem is really bad right now on the xmas CTF maps. You'll often get one player who gets a load of frags and caps and is clearly better than everyone else, so loads of people spectate during the warmup and join that players team once the game begins, making even more unbalanced. If there are a few good players, you notice the same person keeps calling votes to shuffle until he gets on the team with the most good players, and people are too stupid to see it, so they keep voting to shuffle. Can't we just stop people from choosing which team to join? Can we have ONE shuffle AFTER everybody is ready to start? Right now, you have a 50-50 chance: You either get destroyed 8 - 0 which is no fun, or win 8 - 0, which is also no fun.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    The auto shuffle which occurs on the samplers would benefit from the same thing. Right now it happens almost immediately, way before the teams are full and everyone's ready so it's completely pointless. Auto shuffle during the countdown would be sweet, along with an auto kick for anyone that specs during the countdown too. Oo. Yes, I like that idea I mean, people can rejoin, but in smaller games that might mean you wouldn't get your place back.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    This map is the worse.. The constant pre game voting can stall playing by 5 minutes or more.. meh
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    The auto shuffle which occurs on the samplers would benefit from the same thing. Right now it happens almost immediately, way before the teams are full and everyone's ready so it's completely pointless. Auto shuffle during the countdown would be sweet, along with an auto kick for anyone that specs during the countdown too. Oo. Yes, I like that idea I mean, people can rejoin, but in smaller games that might mean you wouldn't get your place back.
    Autoshuffle continuously made 3vs5 teams on my CTF servers after almost every map-change, so I finally stopped using it a few days ago because spec just joined into the smaller team making it 4v5, which pretty much ruined the server until the players (or me) removed somebody.

Is that something what's not happening on the sampler servers you are talking about?

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    Autoshuffle continuously made 3vs5 teams on my CTF servers after almost every map-change, so I finally stopped using it a few days ago because spec just joined into the smaller team making it 4v5, which pretty much ruined the server until the players (or me) removed somebody.

Is that something what's not happening on the sampler servers you are talking about?
    Ah, yeah. 3v5 shuffle results are dumb :/ On the samplers, a game ends and 5v5 goes down to 3v3 or something as people leave. 10s later the auto shuffle kicks in. Then a bunch of people leave, join and the game begins. As it is, auto shuffle is pointless.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread