+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: when?

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMatiK View Post
    ...... except when it comes to premium players coming along from the ghost town of premium servers and play with us free folk on public servers. individual configged weapons takes it to a new level.
    Standard players can do that by editing their .cfg ..........many posts on this forum about how to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    ...... except when it comes to premium players coming along from the ghost town of premium servers and play with us free folk on public servers. individual configged weapons takes it to a new level.
    It sounds like youre saying individual weapon configs give people an advantage? If you are, i think youve confused quake live with mafia wars pay to win system. There are no in game advantages to be gained from purchasing a subscription, aside from getting into the game ahead of the next guy who has to watch an ad before he can scoop up that last spot.

If you feel that the ease of extra configuration as opposed to manually typing in cvars is so advantageous, then you could, i dunno, cough up the $1.98 a month for a premium sub? If you play even 10 hours a month, thats less than 20 cents an hour (advertisement free),which is a pretty solid bargain if you ask me.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    If you're talking about cg_weaponconfig, it is in my opinion actually inferior to the normal method of doing this which is available to both standard and premium users.

That is to simply use bind, for example:

bind [key] "weapon 7 ; sensitivity x" // RG
    bind [key] "weapon 5 ; sensitivity y" // RL

This is because cg_weaponconfig does not apply the settings until the weapon is raised, so you cannot adjust to the change in sensitivity and start aiming until the switching is done. This delay is undesirable and unpleasant.

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    If you're talking about cg_weaponconfig, it is in my opinion actually inferior to the normal method of doing this which is available to both standard and premium users.

That is to simply use bind, for example:

bind [key] "weapon 7 ; sensitivity x" // RG
    bind [key] "weapon 5 ; sensitivity y" // RL

This is because cg_weaponconfig does not apply the settings until the weapon is raised, so you cannot adjust to the change in sensitivity and start aiming until the switching is done. This delay is undesirable and unpleasant.
    well, I don't know if you have a premium account or whatnot, but to do this on the public accounts, I have to go into practise mode, add the config settings, get dropped from server, restart arena, get dropped due to inactivity, restart arena, discover new bug, reset game settings to default, take mouse and controls and rejig the whole thing then thow my computer out the window.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Or do it via cfg, which takes the same amount of time as doing it through a menu in which you have to type everything manually anyway (with the same knowledge. It isn't simplified).

There's absolutely 0 gameplay advantages by owning a premium/pro account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    well, I don't know if you have a premium account or whatnot, but to do this on the public accounts,
    It is the same for premium accounts to do it the way I described.

I have to go into practise mode, add the config settings, get dropped from server, restart arena, get dropped due to inactivity, restart arena, discover new bug, reset game settings to default, take mouse and controls and rejig the whole thing then thow my computer out the window.
    Are you on mac?

On windows you can still type in the console even if you're dropped for inactivity.

The way I do it would be to just make a text file, rename it whatever.cfg, put it in home/baseq3

Edit it with the stuff I wanted, like bind [key] "weapon x ; sensitivity y"

Then in-game all I have to type in the console is: "exec whatever.cfg"

By the way in practice mode you can stop it from dropping it you with sv_timeout 99999

+ Reply to Thread