+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: when?

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    anyways, thanks for the replies. guess I'm just being paranoid and should practise more. or get rid of this damn mouse.

*RAT___ERDS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    There is an anti-cheat. Information on it is kept secret to keep the cheat authors guessing.

If said "high ranked" players were "caught out" then they are banned yes?

Timenudge can't be said to be an advantage when so many top players play without it.

As for fps force code I don't know what you mean. The fps is maxed at 125 by default for all clients and cannot be raised further.

The only exception is the mac version being limited to 85, but that's the least of the problems the mac version has.

Unless you have more specific concerns you are unlikely to get much attention. As it is, it sounds like you are simply fearful of something you don't understand, and are trying to justify less than desired game performance by deciding that your opponents have an unfair advantage on you when this very well may not be the case. At least not in the way you are implying.

Hello lorfa dude, think a little bit of it instead of just saying no this no that dude

"high ranked players" have been cough cheating....the problem is that they have been obliviosy been cough far too late dude....

and nudging around is of course a problem if u bind it to keys and change net setting on the fly for specific weapon..

people like u killed the game

closed eye RATS

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RAT___ERDS View Post
    Hello lorfa dude, think a little bit of it instead of just saying no this no that dude

"high ranked players" have been cough cheating....the problem is that they have been obliviosy been cough far too late dude....

and nudging around is of course a problem if u bind it to keys and change net setting on the fly for specific weapon..

people like u killed the game

closed eye RATS
    His post makes sense....yours doesn`t,i suggest you make another account and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    As I said, the data is posted on esr.
    What was posted on ESR may be misleading though. It focuses on the cheats made by a certain author, and certain well publicized commercial-ish hacks.

It's not unthinkable that cheats could, and likely do exist outside of this. It's entirely possible that there are cheat authors who have found a way around QL's anti-cheat, and distribute it in a more secretive way than just on some cheat forum.

What's promising though is that at least with the hacks that ESR mentioned it appears that QL's anti-cheat is no pushover, and that the "mainstream" hacks are detected, often very quickly.

You've got to hand it to the QL team, they've done a much better job than punkbuster (although I can't say how high of a bar pb set). It's unfortunate that they did not have this AC in place when they decided to cancel PB, and that it took quite some time after.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
    His post makes sense....yours doesn`t,i suggest you make another account and try again.
    i think both of their posts make sense.

and megadude3 - pm me those threads on esr plxthxawesome

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAT___ERDS View Post
    "high ranked players" have been cough cheating....
    Watch out for those cough cheaters, they get the flu and pwn.

the problem is that they have been obliviosy been cough far too late dude....
    I understand the concept. It's that before we had no anti-cheat, now we at least have one that prevents some cheats, and makes others quickly detected. That's a big improvement. Constantly having to circumvent bans is a big hassle for them.

How is that a problem?

okay, if someone has the knowledge/capabilities to nudge for individual weapons, then that in itself is an obvious enhancement for that player. it's the real world difference of picking out the tennis racket at sports class from the basket in comparison to the one that was made and weighted specifically for you. I know people go all out for their gaming experience, mice, the best MBs and graphics with water cooled CPU sys. seriously? that's cool and all, do what you need to.

I've always played with just the given console options and the only thing I had of any consequence that may of helped was a Razer Death Adder (RIP) and an awesome computer that Playswithfire gave in swap for a slab and a dinner. the rest of this frippery is naff.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    One of quake's features has always been the ability to customize a personal config. Back in the early days of q3, this was a necessity if you wanted a constant, smooth frame rate. Believe it or not, but back in '99, q3 was a bear to run. So the ablity to have vertex lighting, simple items, force modelling, no marks on walls, no rocket trails, etc, was a godsend and allowed us to have an enjoyable gaming experience. Remember that a high end gaming system back then "might" have a 32mb vid card, but the majority had 8mb systems and struggled.

Ql actually makes it quite easy to set up since a lot of these options are now directly in the menu. I'm honestly a little surprized that someone would think that using console commands is unfair to the rest of the players.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Member corvu is on a distinguished road
    The preset "competition" and "High Performance" configs you can execute through the menu is as good as any home made config out there, the rest is just personal preference. Allowing the console is just a way to let players play as they are most comfortable, it in no way gives them an advantage.

...... except when it comes to premium players coming along from the ghost town of premium servers and play with us free folk on public servers. individual configged weapons takes it to a new level.

+ Reply to Thread