+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird mini-lags

Member foLn is on a distinguished road

Weird mini-lags

Since about one week or so I have some weird mini-lags. It lags very discrete, every split second it keeps standing for a split second. very short. The movement isn't smooth anymore. It's really annoying. I have tried playing around with snaps, maxpackets etc. but it didn't help.
    What is this??
    First I hoped it would go away as it came, out of nowhere... But it's about one week now already.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Does your lagometer detect spike ups when you get lag or only FPS drops?

Member foLn is on a distinguished road
    yea the lagometer has very small spikes. like 1 pixel in the length and 3 or 4 in the height in very short intervals.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    If it's a wireless lan, try it wired to see if that's the cause. If it still persists, bypassing the router and just plugging directly into the modem.

If it still persists, try to find the cause of the spikes using tracert or QL ping plotter. If the cause is within the first couple hops, there's a good chance of fixing it since it's either the computer you're using (would be nice if you had a laptop or somt that you could try to rule that out) or it's an issue with the signal coming to your modem which your ISP can do some adjustments on.

Junior Member davay_harosh is on a distinguished road
    TOO MUCH threads have erupted to be assumed just from Wi-Fi, for petes sake please just fix the damn quake its unplayable.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 09-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread