Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The saddest day

Junior Member FragtioN is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by gjuro_ View Post
    If you want to pay go ahead. It's 48 euros for pro subscription a year. (I can get a new game for that kind of money, not a bit pimped out 10 year old game)
    I refuse to pay because they are charging community made maps, and creator of aerowalk said; he wouldn't have agreed if he knew they will make people pay for it. Even the map makers got screwed.
    Paying for private servers or new maps made by id would seem fair, but paying for community made maps and mods is ridiculous
    +1. I refuse to pay. QL was supposed to be a free browser game catered towards the competitive side of gaming, based on the success of Q3. They're turning this into another "CS:Source" / "BF2" / "Cod4" / "HoN". Nobody wants ads, nobody wants centrally controlled servers, nobody cares about useless awards (but PLEASE fix the damn weapon/acc stats and break it down into time frames etc), nobody wants updates that render their game useless for 3 days in a row, and most importantly nobody wants to pay PER YEAR for a revamped 10 year old game. Maybe if it was like $10 once off, sure. What a cheeky scam.

*Vayned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trep View Post
    I just thought about something, and I can't wait for people to rage over it. Duel servers usually see a 2nd player join pretty quickly when there's only one player in them. Poor free users will have to watch their 15 sec ads while premium and pro members join the server. Lulz will be had by us.
    There is a way around the ads.....

Junior Member Piry is on a distinguished road
    I'd pay just to get rid of the 15 sec waiting time, because $1.99/month will save me probably 2 hours of waiting.

But I don't think I'll do it very soon, because as I'm writing this quakelive is down (way to get out of a beta !), and earlier when I did get to try it out and play a bit, many servers were unresponsive.

As for "nobody wants to pay PER YEAR", a lot of quake players already paid, and probably a lot of them want to pay soon.
    Doesn't matter when the game was made, it matters just if you like it enough to pay for extra-features.

*dnrktr
    Quote Originally Posted by gjuro_ View Post
    (I can get a new game for that kind of money, not a bit pimped out 10 year old game)
    so the only reason u played quake live in the past is that it was free?

Senior Member faked is on a distinguished road
    more talk about adverts hahaah "dont they get paid for adverts"" hahhahah

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    The amount of whine on these forums is amazing! How about some cheese with that?

*14tehmoney
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    The amount of whine on these forums is amazing! How about some cheese with that?
    http://www.american.com/graphics/200...ese_cellar.jpg

Senior Member Cloakedfury is on a distinguished road
    Hey King that you man? Where you been dude?

*ichi7e
    Quote Originally Posted by Piry View Post
    I'd pay just to get rid of the 15 sec waiting time, because $1.99/month will save me probably 2 hours of waiting.
    If you are referring to the ads before game start - I've noticed that the game actually loads while showing the ads so you don't really have to wait more than you're used to.

Senior Member tucker is on a distinguished road tucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tweenz View Post
    Throwing money away to companies who just don't care about the quality of their services seems to be a new hobby of people these days.

Anywats, I'm happy for you. Good luck.
    a lot of people buy Halo and COD

Closed Thread