Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The saddest day

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point

The saddest day

Just kidding. I'm off to enjoy Quake Live, I'll buy a pro/premium account later today. Hell, I played the beta enough that I'd buy a premium account even if I didn't want to play anymore just to thank Id for QL and the free time I had on it.

This is a great day =D

*tweenz
    Throwing money away to companies who just don't care about the quality of their services seems to be a new hobby of people these days.

Anywats, I'm happy for you. Good luck.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Enjoy freezetag. Invite the people on your FL. It's a blast. =D

Senior Member Trep is an unknown quantity at this point
    I just thought about something, and I can't wait for people to rage over it. Duel servers usually see a 2nd player join pretty quickly when there's only one player in them. Poor free users will have to watch their 15 sec ads while premium and pro members join the server. Lulz will be had by us.

Member T0bias is on a distinguished road
    I bought Quake 3 Arena on steam, never got to play it due to servers in my country always being empty. The way I figure it, I don't owe id any money for the year I spent playing QuakeLive, id owes me a game for the $20 I gave them essentially for no reason.

I will buy premium, if within the next month or two we see considerable progress to show that they are worth a yearly subscription, say an additional 5 maps or 2-3 new gametypes.

Member MateFeedKill is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by T0bias View Post
    I bought Quake 3 Arena on steam, never got to play it due to servers in my country always being empty. The way I figure it, I don't owe id any money for the year I spent playing QuakeLive, id owes me a game for the $20 I gave them essentially for no reason.

I will buy premium, if within the next month or two we see considerable progress to show that they are worth a yearly subscription, say and additional 5 maps or 2-3 new gametypes.
    I wouldn't expect anything in the next month, they will be ironing out the last few issues with the new changeover, not to mention all the work hat goes into Quakecon.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tweenz View Post
    companies who just don't care about the quality of their services
    They made a huge update.
    Retouched a lot of content.
    Implemented Premium and Pro memberships - now ID could finally make some money from QL and hopefully make game better.
    Anyone can still play for free and its great.
    You don't care about update != ID don't care about quality of QL.

I wonder if devs get any sleep last night.
    Real life? Life is real?!

*tweenz
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDoubleU View Post
    They made a huge update.
    Retouched a lot of content.
    Implemented Premium and Pro memberships - now ID could finally make some money from QL and hopefully make game better.
    Anyone can still play for free and its great.
    You don't care about update != ID don't care about quality of QL.

I wonder if devs get any sleep last night.
    Lemme correct you.
    They reworked the main site a little - server browser looks pretty damn fugly and important issues are left unaddressed (such as knowing the ping before connecting to a server).
    They added maps (which you have to pay for) and majority of them are just OLD maps. Very few new ones, which i dont really like (my opinion).
    They reworked some QL maps (mostly just changed names and added x's on the ground, lol). I didn't really like the major changes (ex. ctf10) but it's ok they're actually looking into, ok.
    They split the already small community (which was caused by themselves by keeping us in the dark) in 2 (well, most likely 3, made out of people who are quitting, including me).
    And... the worst of all... they want me to pay for it. And they made pretty damn sure that the number of PeoplePayingForQL/PeoplePlayingQL reaches heights by annoying the c**p out of the non-paying community.
    1 1/2 year ago I would gladly pay. Twice the amount. But... I just feel insulted. I got promised something, and I didn't get it. Is it that hard to understand?

Senior Member gjuro is on a distinguished road
    If you want to pay go ahead. It's 48 euros for pro subscription a year. (I can get a new game for that kind of money, not a bit pimped out 10 year old game)
    I refuse to pay because they are charging community made maps, and creator of aerowalk said; he wouldn't have agreed if he knew they will make people pay for it. Even the map makers got screwed.
    Paying for private servers or new maps made by id would seem fair, but paying for community made maps and mods is ridiculous

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tweenz View Post
    I just feel insulted. I got promised something, and I didn't get it. Is it that hard to understand?
    This happens a lot in life, get used to it 8)
    Its hard for me to understand your overreaction. Its like your parents didn't bought you a pony.
    Real life? Life is real?!

Closed Thread