+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LG - what's the story

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road

LG - what's the story

I have question. I'm not hardcore player, I do not play Quake3 for 30+ years.

Scenario:
    I respawn, have ~120 HP. I encounter guy with LG. About 1 second later I'm dead. I feel like he just touch me and I die.

Is LG that powerful or just low fov aimbots are common?

Ha! Nice video response

But seriously - how to dodge 1sec-duration attack?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    By reacting fast.
    But if you just spawned and you find yourself face to face with someone with an lg you're just gonna die even if you dodge unless you can run away and find a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
    Is LG that powerful or just low fov aimbots are common?
    The LG is powerfull, yes. But so are the other weapons when used well. And while it is hard to really master it, it's quite easy to get OK at it. It won't make much of a difference for a freshly spawned player if the opponent shoots 25% or 40%; he's gonna die anyway; and fast.
    Last edited by FlashSoul; 12-08-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    LG is the most overpowered weapon in the game

learn it. use it.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Ha! Nice video response

But seriously - how to dodge 1sec-duration attack?
    There's not much you can do if you are unfortunate enough to be in that situation. Try to dodge from side to side. Some one who is experienced like me can get over 50% LG on you if you don't dodge or if you jump up and down. If you strafe from side to side unpredictably that may drop to 30%s or high 20%s. You will die anyways but it buys you some time to damage the LG guy a little with machinegun. If you are very close to him, you can try to gaunt him or to move off to one side of him. Some times it can be hard for him to follow you with his mouse if you move too much to his left or right.

Most of the time though, the key is to avoid the battle if you don't have armor and the right weapons. Listen for his jumps and foot steps. Run the other way and get some weapons and armor before you try to fight.

50% of being good at Quake is the art of creating situations where you have an advantage over the other guys and avoiding situations where he has the advantage. In the case you've described, discretion really is the better part of valor.
    Last edited by jigglyboobs; 12-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Scenario:
    I respawn, have ~120 HP. I encounter guy with LG. About 1 second later I'm dead.
    LG does 140 damage per second, so that's quite accurate. That is, unless you DOOOOOOODGE.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    LG does 140 damage per second, so that's quite accurate. That is, unless you DOOOOOOODGE.
    When you are getting hit two seconds can feel like 1.

Well guys, thanks for advice.

I started to do random stuff while being scorched. Time needed to became roasted increased like 200 ms. I think it's a good start. I noticed, that LG in the hand of enemy requires INSTANT kill. Like something that will stop him immediately. Railgun works pretty well if aim is proper, rockets can help too, but getting 100hp direct shot is hard.

Also - scorcher is pretty visible from distance on plaermodel - so if I see LG and I'm not fat (armor, health, gunz) - better to run away and live.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    better to run away and live.
    Running away in wrong moment = he gets a free kill.
    His accuracy is all that matters. If you bounce him around nicely, his LG becomes close to useless. If you dodge nicely, he will lose the pushback and that's gonna reduce his accuracy even more. If you decide to run away as fast as possible (= in a straight line), he hits 100%. Go figure.

Btw you should hear LG before you see it.
    Also dodging isn't "random stuff", it's moving in a line perpendicular to the beam. Essentially left/right while you're facing the enemy.
    Last edited by Limbless_Pony; 12-08-2012 at 07:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread