+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Error - Instance already running ???

Junior Member Slabboni is on a distinguished road

Fatal Error - Instance already running ???

Been playing several months now, first time to see this error:

Fatal Error - An instance of Quake Live is already running ....

I get the error even after computer reboot.

What's the fix???

Hours later it seems to have resolved itself, perhaps it was a server thing... ?

Its back again. So what is the cause??? Why the fatal error?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Donno, but there's a bunch of threads, probably with some solutions:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=hl&s...iw=800&bih=511

Unhappy Still ongoing

Thanks for the search help, but the best suggestion was to clear the cache which did not help. I've checked all running processes with no mention of anything QL related.
    The damn thing is baffleing me, and keeping me out of the games!

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabboni View Post
    Thanks for the search help, but the best suggestion was to clear the cache which did not help. I've checked all running processes with no mention of anything QL related.
    The damn thing is baffleing me, and keeping me out of the games!
    You mention cache -- did you try deleting the QL-related cookies?

*LoNGHorns1300
    I played quake live without a problem now its this fatal error thing and IT Sucks!!!!!!!!! How do u fix it

It is certainly annoying and a game STOPPER to say the least. When are they going to FIX THIS? If there is a second instance running, then use that instance! or close it down! Or whatever it takes to make the game playable. Don't expect me to find and fix an error you have reported. You already found the error, your program is already running (so the report says), so tell your program to shut down!

I am not going to put up with this much longer, and will have to vbote with my wallet if nothing else works. I might give it another couple months for them to get a solution working.....

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabboni View Post
    It is certainly annoying and a game STOPPER to say the least. When are they going to FIX THIS? If there is a second instance running, then use that instance! or close it down! Or whatever it takes to make the game playable. Don't expect me to find and fix an error you have reported. You already found the error, your program is already running (so the report says), so tell your program to shut down!

I am not going to put up with this much longer, and will have to vbote with my wallet if nothing else works. I might give it another couple months for them to get a solution working.....
    You do realize that every single program has this issue? If you close something and then quickly reopen it you'll get the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    You do realize that every single program has this issue? If you close something and then quickly reopen it you'll get the same error.
    Not quite. In fact no other program I have reports this thype of "fatal" error. This is the only one that will not run when requested.

+ Reply to Thread