+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playing on a uneven,surface

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    My computer was only 50 dollars. It is a used office desktop.
    Then you can buy a used desk for another $50 on Craigslist.....

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    I know it sounds elitist, but if you can't afford a table nor a working computer then you shouldn't be playing videogames.
    Just for the record, I was playing on Thanksgiving at my Grandparents' house.
    I'm good with being social ;3

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    How big does the bump have to be before the qck mass can't fix it?
    I don't know.. can we get a picture of this?

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    I tried playing russian style. OK. i will keep on trying to get used to it. Is there a proper way to do it? Should my arm be straight or on an angle?

I probably have other tables i could use but moving my desktop would be alot work.
    Last edited by eduguy; 12-08-2012 at 10:15 PM.

I tried playing russian style. OK. i will keep on trying to get used to it. Is there a proper way to do it? Should my arm be straight or on an angle?

I probably have other tables i could use but moving my desktop would be alot work.
    The way you see Cooller doing it in the video is the right way. Usually your arm is at an angle. Be careful, however, that you don't hurt your shoulder doing this. Depending on the height of the desk this could be an ergonomically bad posture.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    The way you see Cooller doing it in the video is the right way. Usually your arm is at an angle. Be careful, however, that you don't hurt your shoulder doing this. Depending on the height of the desk this could be an ergonomically bad posture.
    So my shoulder would hurt after awhile? Height of desk for this to happen? I do this with my arm straight..

So my shoulder would hurt after awhile? Height of desk for this to happen? I do this with my arm straight..
    Yea, you could screw up your shoulder, your neck or your back.

I'm not sure exactly what would work for you, but you should make sure that when you play your arm and your body feels relaxed. If you end up playing very tense and hunched over, I'm guessing that the "Russian" posture could make any problems you have worse.

Bottom line, get an ergonomically correct setup. You will play better, and your body will thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Yea, you could screw up your shoulder, your neck or your back.

I'm not sure exactly what would work for you, but you should make sure that when you play your arm and your body feels relaxed. If you end up playing very tense and hunched over, I'm guessing that the "Russian" posture could make any problems you have worse.

Bottom line, get an ergonomically correct setup. You will play better, and your body will thank you for it.
    Would it be permanent? What "ergonomically correct setup"?

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Would it be permanent? What "ergonomically correct setup"?
    Just sit in relaxed comfortable position. Don't play hours long sessions without breaks, and obviously stop immediately if something feels uncomfortable, or if it hurts somewhere.

I only suggested russian style, because you could use the even flat space for the mouse/mousepad what your keyboard occupied before. If it's not working for you, just put the keyboard back on the table and get a QCK mini and try to learn to play with higher sensitivity, or get a bigger table perhaps=)

I think a good mouse and a good cloth mosuepad feels really nice when playing. It won't make you a pro of course, but it won't stop you becoming one either.

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    I don't know, Im using a really crappy mouse pad mainly because I like its friction and I don't really care about it. Over the time, the mouse pad started to bump in multiple places, about 2-3 mm, however they are not hard so moving my mouse over it would usually decrease the height a little bit but it still affect how well the mouse is moving.

It is not really giving me any real problem except in some case when needing precise aiming and the mouse is currently on the bump. If your bumps are right in the middle..... find a way to even it out... use layers of odd materials or something. If its on one of the corner, you should still be able to play..

There isn't much to say beside hack your way around to fix it or deal with it.

+ Reply to Thread