+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Someone Help Me Please

*ViniBK

Someone Help Me Please

how to stick with low ping? I am Brazilian,

wanted to lower my ping because is very lag, ping between 180 ~ 230.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    net_restart command in-game (console).

use a proxy/vpn. Check the brazilian fb group "quake live br".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*ViniBK
    how so? What do I do?

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Playing with 180-230ms is just not fun

It's either
    - you are too far away from the server,
    - your modem, router or your connection is faulty/malfunctioning,
    - too many people are using the Internet in your area at the same time,
    - or your ISP (Internet provider, the company who gives you the Internet) probably has very bad routing to the quakelive servers.
    There are several options you can try. First of all, you should find out your route, and report your problem to your ISP. Some ISP admins are sympathize with gamers, and they might fix the route if it's possible without additional costs to them.

Download Wintrace and start it, check the 'resolve IP' box and enter 200.68.19.41 into the Host Name field and hit Trace. Copy paste the result into a new document or into the letter you gonna send to your ISP.

If you can't execute Wintrace for some reason, you can also do this manually from the command line: Open the command prompt (type cmd into the search box in the start menu and hit Enter, or look for it's icon in Accessories), and when it's open, copy the following single line into the command prompt (copy it from here and edit/paste in the menu at the top left corner of the command prompt window):
    ping -n 16 200.68.19.41>>%temp%\QLroute.txt & tracert -w 10 200.68.19.41 >>%temp%\QLroute.txt & start notepad.exe %temp%\QLroute.txt
    (and press enter of course, it will take about 20 seconds to to finish). When it's done, it will open a text file for you with important information about your connection towards the server

I picked a server in Santiago, because I didn't see other servers available in your area atm, but if you want to play on Argentinian or other servers, you gonna need to find out the IP of those (Ql displays the server's IP durring connection), and use that IP in the procedure above!

Save the text file somewhere, so you will be able to attach it to the letter what you gonna send to your ISP. Tell them about your high ping problem, and ask them kindly to alter the route for you if it's possible. I'm not saying that they will do it for you, but it takes 5 minutes from your time, so it's worth to try imho. I know several quakers who had luck with this. Perhaps you can make several different txt files to different locations, and give them multiply options, more is usually better, and maybe they can "fix" one easly)

If you use Macintosh, search for a free ping/route utility online and get the required data using the same IP address what I used above.
    -------

If the above fails, you might wanna talk to other Brazilian players and find out the followings:
    - are there other players in your country, who use the same ISP and have much better ping than you? If the answer is yes, then perhaps there is something wrong with your setup / connection / modem (etc) and that can be fixed by you or your ISP.
    - if everybody who uses the same ISP in your country also has a very high ping, find out if there are other players with different ISP, who don't have ping problems and perhaps it would be better if you would also buy internet from the ISP they are using.

-------
    If everything fails and you are willing to spend money to fix the problem, you can try to find the cheapest VPN provider in your country and ask them for a private VPN between you and the Quakelive servers. They will make you a connection with the best possible route for a few dollars/month.

I hope this helped a little, and good luck out there

*ViniPK
    typically is about 250 ~ 160, around ...

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    Ikaruga speaks the truth.
    I have actually done this before. I was able to prove to my isp that they had a bad route.Spoke to higher level people and provided ping and tracert info like he suggested. They did fix it and confirmed to me that it was a hardware problem at the first hop that was high.
    In my case this took me about 2 weeks to accomplish.

I realize your case is different because of the location, hopefully you can at least improve it. I dont know what the best ping that can be had from there is.
    Last edited by stownr; 12-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniPK View Post
    typically is about 250 ~ 160, around ...
    Are you OP (ViniBK)?

+ Reply to Thread