+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turning on sv_cheats in a Pro-spawned server

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artif3x View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. What's "wh" and what does it have to do with directional sound?
    Wallhack which would allow you to see where the enemies are and supposedly help you learn to relate sounds to the position. However, since the audio isn't entirely directional in QL, I don't think it'd help anything other than to get you banned.

Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artif3x View Post
    I was thinking about running at half speed for a bit, then upping it 0.10 every couple of rounds, eventually getting to real time and seeing if there was any movement in my usual accuracy. Might even be worth taking your suggestion and trying it a 1.10 for a bit.
    I don't know if such training is effective... but why not, give it a try.
    A few tips:
    At each higher timescale step try to aim as good as at the lower timescale, listen to the sound - hits/misses.
    Record a demo of yourself at timescale 0.5, then replay it at normal 1.0 timescale - see how good you can aim.
    Don't stop at timescale 1.0, as a last step do one more round at 1.1, and finally 1.0
    This works with other weapons too, for example plasma.

Junior Member Artif3x is on a distinguished road
    Can you spawn bots in when the /devmap command is active?

Junior Member Artif3x is on a distinguished road
    ok, so I tried /devmap eyetoeye, and it worked...once. As soon as I tried to start the game, it coughed up a hairball and errored back to the web page. Any futher attempts to start the server forced the g_gametype to CTF, which of course eye to eye doesn't have. However, while it was working, all the cheat codes like god and give worked just fine.

Playing earlier today against my circle of friends, I ended up in the high 30s (27%, 35%, 36%, & 38%) for LG accuracy, each successive match getting better. I usually hit low 40s against the nightmare Hossman bot. This was just after some practice and fiddling with the advanced weapon options to set the FOV down to 90 and sensitivity down to half whenever I had the LG out. That's an top improvement of 11% over my average accuracy.

So, lower FOV and sensitivity are a big help for me so far.

+ Reply to Thread