+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turning on sv_cheats in a Pro-spawned server

Junior Member Artif3x is on a distinguished road

Question Turning on sv_cheats in a Pro-spawned server

I have a Pro account, and I wanted to spawn a practice server and set the timescale down to get some LG practice. The problem is, I can't set sv_cheats 1 because it's read-only.

Does anyone know how to turn this on? Perhaps editing the import settings JSON string? Example:

{"maps":["eyetoeye"],"cvars":{"g_gametype":4,"web_access":2,"g_infinit eAmmo":1}}

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Slow motion will do the opposite of improving your lg.

Hilarious! I actually got the idea from reading your LG improvement thread. It may not have been you who made the suggestion, but the idea of becoming proficient at doing something slowly before attempting to do it quickly made some sense to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. My LG accuracy in lvl 4 CA is stuck around 26% or so, and nothing I do seems to improve it. Working against the Hossman bot in Eye-to-Eye gives me low-40s accuracy.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    try with /devmap eyetoeye.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Your brain will adapt to the slow movement and normal speed will seem ridiculously fast afterwards. You might see a temporary improvement if you play with a faster timescale than normal (it goes away after a few minutes of actual play, but for a little while regular speed will seem like slow motion), but regular speed is what you really want, since that is what you want to stick to your muscle memory.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    use lower fov, 93-95 for example. The game will be slower and it's miles easier hitting lg and rail. Both are not placebo but how the game works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

I was thinking about running at half speed for a bit, then upping it 0.10 every couple of rounds, eventually getting to real time and seeing if there was any movement in my usual accuracy. Might even be worth taking your suggestion and trying it a 1.10 for a bit.

BTW, I do have a new mouse pad on the way, which I think might help. I'm using a hard Razer pad at the moment, and it seems like when I'm pressing mouse1, the extra down-force is causing the friction between the mouse skates and the pad to go up and get a little sticky, making it very difficult to make small aim adjustments. I'm hoping the new pad will fix that (Artisan Hayate). I sure hope it's as good as the old Everglide Giganta pad I lost some years back. That thing was so slick I had trouble keeping my mouse on it.

I'm still using the 100 standard fov, but I've been using the advanced game settings to set my sensitivity lower whenever I switch to the LG. Might be worth trying a different fov instead. Thanks.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    actually i support this; i have it my mind that practicing with wh will help you link sounds to position which should help you later. this is something i have always wanted.

I'm not sure what you mean. What's "wh" and what does it have to do with directional sound?

+ Reply to Thread