+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many times...

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road

How many times...

Do i have to go 17-33 in ffa before i get bumped down? Its starting to drive me nuts, and its killing my interest in this game. I mean, if i won once in a while, or even came close to winning, i might feel like i was getting somewhere, or at least in the right tier, but im just getting crushed game after game.

Junior Member Dr_Acula_ is on a distinguished road
    Dear HTips_

You can play insta gib games just for the fun of it. So if you have a bad game, it doesn't hurt your stats, but it will drop you in tier fairly fast. So then you can hone your skills in normal FFA in your normal tier again. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Obviously, if you do very well in insta gib games, then your tier will go up. But the aforementioned point is more likely.

Thanks for the idea. I can rail fairly well, in fact i do much better at insta ffa than regular. However, i could just....run around with my gaunt out, lol.

Member inertiacreeP is on a distinguished road
    Your stats seem decent, better than me I think, but I seem to enjoy myself in FFA. Not sure if I can give advice, but I can try.

There's always really good players around, chances are high you'll run into one. Your skill increases over time and it's just a percentage game as to whether or not you'll run into someone better than you. If you expect to win more often than statistics allow, well, you're going to get disappointed. Maybe your expectations are the issue.

I find my K-D ratio is based on how bad lesser players are compared to me, and whether or not I can only fight higher skilled players when they're at a disadvantage. I always have a gun, if I don't I camp one for a few seconds until it respawns. I only fight higher level players if I'm stacked or if they're seriously disadvantaged. Otherwise I try to have good movement skills and just book it. My K-D ratio seems to hover at least 1:1. In some cases I run circuits around my favorite power ups, if I run into someone great, if not, I keep my advantage.

So maybe it's an issue of strategy, because according to your accuracies and K-D ratio in general you should be doing better in FFAs than me.

Yea, i dont expect to win ffa very often, but i get crushed. Of course i dont know the maps well, and i dont even know where quad spawns on 90% of the maps. Im happy with my stats usually, and i try to avoid the big dogs, but in order to get a weapon or red armor, i usually have to fight through them, and its a pain in the nuts. lol

Junior Member Jah_no_DeaD is on a distinguished road
    Just quit QL. Maybe they improve the ranking system when there are just a hand full of players left. But as long as there is enough cannon fodder for the (paying) veterans, the game masters don't care about our needs.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jah_no_DeaD View Post
    the game masters don't care about our needs.
    I can see that you have special needs.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread