+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Infected Improvements

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road

Infected Improvements

I've been wondering, when you don't spawn mastermind, the game becomes a whole lot more difficult to infect people right? Especially if you're the first one by chance to get infected. Therefore, some things should be changed so accommodate it, such as-
    • Leave an amount of time before the first person gets infected, so that all the survivors don't avoid the person who is.
    • Have the first person that gets infected Spawn with the PG, then when he/she gets the first frag, loses it.
    • Also, if after a certain amount of time has passed, and no other person has been infected but there are more than one person infected, randomly give an infected the PG, and lose it when they get a frag or round ends.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    f2 f2 f2 f2 f2 f2

MexicanPadre, do you want the mod to DIE AND SHRIVEL UP LIKE A DRY GRAPE.... I am not hosting servers for this ...
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-06-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    I didn't say you had to do it like THIS, but if other people want to do it then that's fine.
    + it seems to work just fine in CO... nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPadre View Post
    I didn't say you had to do it like THIS, but if other people want to do it then that's fine.
    + it seems to work just fine in CO... nvm.
    Mexican, I don't need unneccesary checkboxes like that... Besides, I'm the only person who spawns infected, so changing the game like this and making it so that there are more bugs caused as a result of the giving and taking away weapons that won't be fixed for ages just doesn't appeal to my senses

Banned DeathPizza is an unknown quantity at this point
    I say radomly a player starts with the plasma gun.. but not everyone knows it.. and he yanks it out and goes crazy on everyone =)

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Rock, I'm 100% sure that other people have spawned Infected servers before. Just because he made a suggestion it doesn't mean it's directed at you. However, I would actually say that unless the first Infected doesn't have some advantage over everyone else (Only towards getting the first frag) then they should get one if I.M. is not in the server.

I don't fully agree with giving them plasma, however.
    I've found that a speed boost tends to be nice for the Infected overall so they can catch up to the "humans" on larger maps. (Like Scout)

Pika, why don't you try playing my infected server, gradually you will see what points I'm trying to make... I'm always sending you invites... The fact that you never show just doesn't seem to qualify you to argue and disqualify the validity of what I say... I have had lots of time on my infected servers or any ones at that to gain infinite wisdom about the way the game is played... I have seen everything... Infected should not run faster for one, because the sheer number of infected makes it impossible to survive with even all weapons and infinite ammo... Also, I always include mastermind, since the bottom player always is the first zombie, making it brutally unfair for somebody who just joined and has 0 score, making it impossible for them to win.... That same philopsophy can be applied to the giving one zombie plasma... it is unfair and impartial to the rest of the zombies... How do you feel about an unfair game... BTW... Zombies should NOT BY ANY MEANS have equal opportunity as the uninfected, because then nobody has encouragement to survive, which should be favored... I have spawned more infected servers than ANY OTHER user on quakelive... and contrary to the opinions of people who haven't played the game much or only on certain maps with only shotgun, All Weps works much much better for this mod... Sorry, but I think me, Mexi and the other followers who join my infected servers which spawn every two days or so are the voices of the infected mod, not the halloween only players who don't play anymore.... I am to this mod as PEPCO is to power... I have no competition, no others spawn servers, so this is currently my monopoly... I am willing to listen to suggestions, as long as they don't make the game unfair for others... Without Mastermind, the whole mod is unfair because of the low person not ever having a chance to win, that's why I ALWAYS put Mastermind in... Rocky out and away

Edit: Adding to this, the bugs in Mastermind are what defines this mod also, if those are gone one day, that will be the day I stop spawning infected, good luck finding another infected server after that...

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Rock, I'm 100% sure that other people have spawned Infected servers before. Just because he made a suggestion it doesn't mean it's directed at you. However, I would actually say that unless the first Infected doesn't have some advantage over everyone else (Only towards getting the first frag) then they should get one if I.M. is not in the server.

I don't fully agree with giving them plasma, however.
    I've found that a speed boost tends to be nice for the Infected overall so they can catch up to the "humans" on larger maps. (Like Scout)
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 12-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.

So...essentially you're just assuming that I've never played Infected outside of Halloween. I've played on kry's server before and his settings vastly improve upon all the complaints I personally had with the normal Infected. Camping, gone. Players with good KDRs losing to campers, gone. Just because I don't play the gametype regularly that doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've played enough to make opinions of it.

The speed increase isn't a lot. It's simply enough so that the Infected can actually catch up with the Survivors while getting shot. I'd also say to add score per damage, because that completely removes camping (While some people say that this is just something different, I personally find it ridiculous that a person can lose to someone who just hides. At least in CoD Infected, hiding is actually possible thanks to camouflage. Here it's just a place where you can avoid getting hit from behind while spamming people in front of you so they can't reach you. The only way to get them is for I.M. to kill them, and that's not easy when you can't select enemies for 'him'.

Also, the whole point of this gamemode is to avoid getting Infected, but how often have you actually seen a round go where all but one person has been Infected? (Answer: none). The speed increase would make it harder for people to survive, but why make the Infected have no advantages other than numbers? Also, it's completely impossible to "win" in Infected (per round) because the infection will spread. If a person is camping and they get one frag on someone determined to kill them in their camping spot, they've avoided the spread for at least 1 time, provided there's someone else alive that's not gotten a frag.

I've got to go to class so I'm stopping the post here, but I'll probably reply again with another extended post

Pika, this mod was made for camping... The skill is fighting for those camping spots, shooting your team off the map, pushing fellow zombies off the map, etc... I get infinitely offended when someone complains about camping in this mod or teamkilling.... This mod was built for camping, and the way this mod is set up has the word "camping" written all over it.... Try fighting me for the camping spots, I will always win against you, and then I will spam some nades from the room in Demon Keep to keep your sorry ass from gaunting me.... If YOU try camping in the same spot though, I will get you on the first try.... Don't complain about the camping mod if people camp...

By the way, I am strongly against enabling the infection to spread... Brutally unfair...

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    So...essentially you're just assuming that I've never played Infected outside of Halloween. I've played on kry's server before and his settings vastly improve upon all the complaints I personally had with the normal Infected. Camping, gone. Players with good KDRs losing to campers, gone. Just because I don't play the gametype regularly that doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've played enough to make opinions of it.

The speed increase isn't a lot. It's simply enough so that the Infected can actually catch up with the Survivors while getting shot. I'd also say to add score per damage, because that completely removes camping (While some people say that this is just something different, I personally find it ridiculous that a person can lose to someone who just hides. At least in CoD Infected, hiding is actually possible thanks to camouflage. Here it's just a place where you can avoid getting hit from behind while spamming people in front of you so they can't reach you. The only way to get them is for I.M. to kill them, and that's not easy when you can't select enemies for 'him'.

Also, the whole point of this gamemode is to avoid getting Infected, but how often have you actually seen a round go where all but one person has been Infected? (Answer: none). The speed increase would make it harder for people to survive, but why make the Infected have no advantages other than numbers? Also, it's completely impossible to "win" in Infected (per round) because the infection will spread. If a person is camping and they get one frag on someone determined to kill them in their camping spot, they've avoided the spread for at least 1 time, provided there's someone else alive that's not gotten a frag.

I've got to go to class so I'm stopping the post here, but I'll probably reply again with another extended post
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 12-07-2012 at 10:29 AM.

The camping makes it nearly impossible to actually get the players in those specific spots though. They can't be hit from behind, and generally have the height advantage so they can see anyone coming and can hit them before they even get anywhere in range. Then, because they've got weapons with range, they're able to hold any Infected away from them. I don't find it taking any skill when you've got every weapon to push people away.

The Infection spread is to help the Infected from all the camping, but unfortunately it tends to target the new players that join late, but actually play the game without camping.

+ Reply to Thread