+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bug with Bug report forum

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    We can sit here and argue about it, but we're the only ones looking at this post.

Which brings me back to my original post.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    it should bring you to me and pika, not the original post... How do we get ID's attention... isn't that the main point, after all only they can fix bugs

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    It's Threads like this that make me drink more..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    Think about it like this,
    ID's attention will only be grabbed if they see a lot of activity on a thread.
    There will not be a lot of activity on a thread if no one posts.
    No one will post if they don't think it's "worth their time," since most people don't like it when pro servers are spawned with crazy settings- you of all people should know this.
    Therefore, some things in SAM will never be fixed because there aren't enough people to post about it.
    Go ahead- go to competitive play and say you are going to start a server with BFG's only and projectile gravity- see how many reply or are even remotely interested about it. You will probably get more posts saying, "Stop making stupid servers like this." Or better yet, "Are you crazy? No one is going to play this."
    Precisely my point.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-06-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    So...my reply that started about a page of discussion failed to cause activity? That page wouldn't have occurred otherwise.
    This isn't really a bug, it's more of General discussion than anything else. The answer is as follows:

Why would someone give input if they have nothing to say about it? For instance, I had nothing to say about your main post, but I did have something in reply to another post in the same thread. Therefore, I replied to it (which is why I used the quote). You can't just assume that everyone will have an opinion about something that is "dumb". However, I don't actually know which thread you're talking about in the OP as it is. :P

*looks and reads*

Ok, the problem is that it's vague and doesn't give the people anything other than "It's broken". You don't go into any details on how to replicate it and there's nothing in it to reply to. The only real reply that could be given to it is "Yeah, this is true".

how about a simple f1 statement
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    So...my reply that started about a page of discussion failed to cause activity? That page wouldn't have occurred otherwise.
    This isn't really a bug, it's more of General discussion than anything else. The answer is as follows:

Why would someone give input if they have nothing to say about it? For instance, I had nothing to say about your main post, but I did have something in reply to another post in the same thread. Therefore, I replied to it (which is why I used the quote). You can't just assume that everyone will have an opinion about something that is "dumb". However, I don't actually know which thread you're talking about in the OP as it is. :P

*looks and reads*

Ok, the problem is that it's vague and doesn't give the people anything other than "It's broken". You don't go into any details on how to replicate it and there's nothing in it to reply to. The only real reply that could be given to it is "Yeah, this is true".

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    how about a simple f1 statement
    That'd be under "Useless Bump Post", which is against the rules. There's a difference between F1ing a brand new thread and doing it on an already established thread.

It's fine to bump, especially if it is a bug report that has gone unaddressed... That personally irritates me, if nobody cares about projectile gravity not working but it doesn't... Look, I don't even use that, and I don't like how it has been ignored... Mexican should probably think about bumping that...

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    It's fine to bump, especially if it is a bug report that has gone unaddressed... That personally irritates me, if nobody cares about projectile gravity not working but it doesn't... Look, I don't even use that, and I don't like how it has been ignored... Mexican should probably think about bumping that...
    The thread is still easily accessible. However, if there's no information to replicate it, the dev team can't fix it. Things need to be in detail so they can be fixed. All a bump post does is push the thread to the top where nobody else will even reply.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    All a bump post does is push the thread to the top where nobody else will even reply.
    You don't think so?

+ Reply to Thread