+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Match Location Updates

*STRYK3X
    bue ahora no volveran ._.

Junior Member greifocs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We have deactivated the Argentina location. There is currently no timeframe on if or when the location will return.
    Will i get a refund for the months of service I paid that wont be used since you decided to deactivate the service?

Or I should consider this a scam?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    Or I should consider this a scam?
    If the service was to offer servers in Argentina then I guess it could be a scam. However, I'm sure there's no mention to any specific location, country or continent in any documentation about the subscriptions. But who knows; maybe they'll be generous and refund anyway.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    If the service was to offer servers in Argentina then I guess it could be a scam. However, I'm sure there's no mention to any specific location, country or continent in any documentation about the subscriptions. But who knows; maybe they'll be generous and refund anyway.
    From the ToS:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    They could and still can play on chilean servers, another thing is they are very picky about ping (they literally refuse to play with less than 40), and it was repeatedly said this is the argentinian provider and argentinian staff fault (Argentina itself) and not id software. They scammed themselves rofl.
    Last edited by megaman3; 01-06-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    and it was repeatedly said this is the argentinian provider and argentinian staff fault (Argentina itself) and not id software.
    Wasn't it hosted for free? That's a pretty harsh reaction. Of course if they offer it as charity they are not entitled to continue offering it for eternity.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Wasn't it hosted for free? That's a pretty harsh reaction. Of course if they offer it as charity they are not entitled to continue offering it for eternity.
    Sure, but there are always alternatives to one provider no matter it had a strong connection with players since q3.

But more than that, the thing is what they do at locations on similar situations is having a staff that's in charge of that (which in the end are players. They have 0 official ones right now) and/or the players finance it themselves. Argentinians knew this since the very beginning of QL yet they complain it's a scam when it clearly is their own fault as players that they don't have servers right now, no one else's.
    Last edited by megaman3; 01-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member greifocs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    From the ToS:
    "quote from ToS"
    [/B]
    You can write literally anything you want on those things, but if they dont concede with laws they dont matter at all.

Im mad. About the fact that I paid for a service of a remake of a game I already bought. Before Quake Live, we still had free low ping servers of Quake3. With Quake Live, we had servers, maybe. And the lag was variable. That poor service is what I ask for.

I was forced to move to pro since every skilled player stays in those servers, and in those therms i decided to pay for a service.

A service that is forced by ID to be payed in advance a full year ( their sole desition of design ). If im forced to pay, they should be equally forced to provide that service. If they are willing to pull that service away they should be willing to give me the couple of bucks for the months i wont use, because, dear god, they didnt make that service available.

On top of that, is the terrible managment of this issue. In 1 month and a half, 3 posts. "We are aware of the problem" silence, "They are moving the servers" " and finally "NO MORE SERVERS".

This is neither satisfactory or coherent. If you dont have answers, if the future is uncertain, you say so when itīs the case. The way you decided to handle this only agravated things. So unprofessional, so secretive towards your fans.

Wont, give, money, to ID, never again.

Yep, you just lost money, since next game im oughta buy outweights the amount they should give me.

GG ID POLICY! You just lost a customer.
    Last edited by greifocs; 01-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    You just lost a costumer.
    Not good to make fun of someone's language skills, but this one just made me laugh, especially because it basically ruined the exit statement :-)

Here are some other costumers :-P

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2467/48261.jpg

Junior Member Homyak_1984 is on a distinguished road
    what has happened to Ukrainian locations? there is none for last two days. When will it be restored?

+ Reply to Thread