+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Match Location Updates

*an00bis86
    Companies generally reserve the right to change the terms of the service at any time. In particular, in the fine print for cell phone contracts as per your example, the provider reserves the right to modify the terms of service at any time.

Also, I'm not sure how you're making the logical leap that it is an endorsement of piracy or the legality of piracy.

In the end, if you want servers in Argentina or Brazil, it's been stated numerous times in multiple threads that you'll have to find a willing host and be willing to pay for this server on your own.

Junior Member Galdov is on a distinguished road
    awesome, so now while most players in other locations only need to pay a 2USD subscription, we need to do id's job and get the servers ourselfs, ok you don't want to bother with Argentina, awesome, but don't blame the players for the situation, and don't blame the players for being upset, if we pay for a service that is avaiable in our country (or vicinity, in my case) and suddently for whatever the reason is we don't have it anymore of course we are gonna be mad

besides is not only about argentinian players, most players of Brazil and Uruguay used to play there because there are no servers in those countries, so i think is really a big issue this situation, and Chile gives us more ping than USA to most of us

I really hope I can play this game again, I was about to get a pro account just when it happened, meanwhile i come back to Q3A or UT i guess...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I don't understand why players seem to expect that there's going to be servers in every location just to cater to them specifically. You're not entitled to everything just because you feel you deserve it.

They had servers donated, and you played on them. The donated ones stopped getting donated (in some cases) for whatever reason. Take it up with those people, not id. You can't blame id for a third party stopping what they were doing.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    It's just the newer players that somehow thought all these years the servers were magically uploaded and paid with good wishes.

It has always been like this: if players don't upload servers then there are no servers at an specific location. Only thing that changed is now QL has a centralized system in which those servers have to be approved first based on quality of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    It's just the newer players that somehow thought all these years the servers were magically uploaded and paid with good wishes.

It has always been like this: if players don't upload servers then there are no servers at an specific location. Only thing that changed is now QL has a centralized system in which those servers have to be approved first based on quality of service.
    Players also fail to realize that not many other games give you this much choice in server selection. In League of Legends you get "North America", "EU West", "EU Nordic and East", "Brazil", or "Turkey". You don't get to magically get a nice ping tailored for you. You have to suck it up if you want to play. (I'm in Michigan and the server is in California -- I get about 80-100 ping depending on if I'm on campus or at home)

In MW3 you get whichever server you can get players into. You used to be able to pick a location to play in, but now (At least from what I can tell in the options) you're forced anywhere in the world where you get the lowest ping + it has players in it. (I was going to give the exact server locations, but I can't find them anywhere for some reason -- however, from memory, they're vague locations like "North America" and "Europe".

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Yeah but these games probably aren't as ping-sensitive as QL, are they?

Junior Member Galdov is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    this

i used to play WoW in the USA official server with +400ms and i barely noticed it, was quite playable, in a fast paced fps with more than 150ms is really hard to play, i would say i need 100ms max to play fine

Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    In MW3, having 3 bars instead of the 4 means that you've got about 100 ping. While some players feel that this makes the game feel sluggish, I personally am just fine with having 3 bars as long as it's stable (Presumably because my connection wasn't that good in the first place, so I wasn't able to see much of a difference between them.)

In LoL, while the ping isn't as big of a deal, it's completely unplayable when you get to about 150 ping. Most people in the US (East Coast) get about to 120, so it's not a big deal usually, but because their game isn't completely optimized (For some of the Champion models -- we don't know why, but it's what many people have noticed), when you get higher ping along with dropped fps, then it becomes a lot harder to play. I personally find it harder to play with fps that's jittery compared to the ping that's jittery, as the fps being stable makes it a lot easier to click on the exact area you want instead of having a small amount of error. (Which could mean the difference between autoattacking something or moving towards them)

+ Reply to Thread