+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 108

Thread: Match Location Updates

  1. #91
    *an00bis86
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    Im mad. About the fact that I paid for a service of a remake of a game I already bought. Before Quake Live, we still had free low ping servers of Quake3. With Quake Live, we had servers, maybe. And the lag was variable. That poor service is what I ask for.
    So you're upset with yourself? Not sure how I follow that this is id's fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    I was forced to move to pro since every skilled player stays in those servers, and in those therms i decided to pay for a service.
    You were forced? Sorry, but you chose to purchase a pro subscription; nobody was holding a gun to your head (metaphorically speaking). If all of the "skilled" players were in those servers, you could have simply asked for invites into the server, without the need to purchase.

    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    A service that is forced by ID to be payed in advance a full year ( their sole desition of design ). If im forced to pay, they should be equally forced to provide that service. If they are willing to pull that service away they should be willing to give me the couple of bucks for the months i wont use, because, dear god, they didnt make that service available.
    While in the beginning you were obliged to pay for a full year in advance (no longer true), you were aware of these conditions, so you can't come back now and complain about it, as you willingly agreed to do so. They are providing a service; nowhere does it say that id software is obliged to provide servers located conveniently for everyone who subscribes. You can still play on a variety of other servers in other locations; so the service is still available.

    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    On top of that, is the terrible managment of this issue. In 1 month and a half, 3 posts. "We are aware of the problem" silence, "They are moving the servers" " and finally "NO MORE SERVERS".
    As has been stated in numerous threads and numerous times, the servers aren't owned by id software, but rather by third parties. They have no control on what these hosts decide to do. They only know the information that is provided to them by the third parties. Hence, id only has information to provide, when these third parties choose to provide such information to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    This is neither satisfactory or coherent. If you dont have answers, if the future is uncertain, you say so when itīs the case. The way you decided to handle this only agravated things. So unprofessional, so secretive towards your fans.
    They have relayed the information as it was available. This is the very reason that the server locations were removed, because they are unsure when or if they are going to return. There hasn't been anything secretive about this whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    Wont, give, money, to ID, never again.

    Yep, you just lost money, since next game im oughta buy outweights the amount they should give me.

    GG ID POLICY! You just lost a customer.
    For the record, it's id, not ID. Furthermore, since it's unclear to me, what corporate policy are you speaking of? You seem to be jumping all over the place without making a coherent argument backed up with actual facts. Sorry you're choosing not to resubscribe, but judging by how you seem to already have been harbouring regrets for subscribing in the first place, based on your choice of language, prior to the removal of the servers, I'm guessing you did not intend to resubscribe anyways, so id already wasn't going to get your money.
    Last edited by an00bis86; 01-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.

  2. #92
    Junior Member VanKemenade is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Does this mean that as much as possible would be the decommissioning of servers Argentines and Chileans later?

  3. #93
    Junior Member greifocs is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7
    Not gonna enter a quotewar with a fanboy. Try finding your own voice in life. They lost the customer. Itīs over now, not giving them my money anymore.

  4. #94
    *an00bis86
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by greifocs View Post
    Not gonna enter a quotewar with a fanboy. Try finding your own voice in life. They lost the customer. Itīs over now, not giving them my money anymore.
    Find my own voice in life? Fanboy? I believe they call those statements fallacies. Sorry but I was merely pointing out the flaws in your statements that have no basis in actual fact.

  5. #95
    Junior Member Kastrol is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8
    So, no more Quake in Argentina.... =(

    Please, can we have a full list of the providers of the servers i each country? I can't find it on the website or the forums.

  6. #96
    Junior Member RICKYSTONE75 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    why canceled the server in argentina??????????????'''''''''''''''sponge bob????

  7. #97
    *NightWishX
    Guest
    Well, i'm from argentina too and i think that if there won't be any Argentina or Brazil server i think we should go to Quake 3 Arena. At least the 1.16n Version have 1 server and it's RA3. Sorry Id Software but at least the 75 % of argentinian players can't play with 200 LAG at CHILE.

    Bueno, yo soy de argentina tambien y yo pienso que si no van a haber algun server de argentina o brazil, pienso que tendriamos que ir al Quake 3 arena. Almenos la version 1.16n tiene 1 server y es Rocket Arena 3 ( MgL ). Lo lamento Id Software pero almenos el 75 porciento de los jugadores argentinos no pueden jugar con 200 de lag en CHILE.

  8. #98
    Junior Member neogi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    They sold a service and then change the terms, which by the time most accounts were paid was that there were Servers in Argentina.
    in any other service provided its responsibility of the offering part to maintain the terms.

    for example. if i sell a service in which another person is allowed to call anyone from my phone. Under this conditions, im obligated to guarantee the user a platform, with the same specifications i had when he contracted the service (keep a working Phone). it seems that this does not apply to this TOS.

    i believe they are taking advantage of regulation made for this kind of services, the lack of regulation which make Piracy legal. So from my point of view they are endorsing it.

  9. #99
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by neogi View Post
    it seems that this does not apply to this TOS.
    Maybe you should have read them.

  10. #100
    Junior Member neogi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    well, thats a close minded response to an important discussion. who can answer it!!

    well ill try

    potatoe

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts