+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Location Updates

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Match Location Updates

We have shuffled around some servers in light of various locations being decommissioned. New York has been replaced by our recent Washington, DC location. Seattle has also been decommissioned, however it has been replaced by another server in Seattle. Finally, Atlanta has been decommissioned; we recommend either Virginia or Washington, DC for east coast players.

Additionally, we are aware of downtime with the Argentina server, and have contacted the admins.

Update 12/13: We are happy to report we have re-opened the Chicago servers under a new provider.

Update 1/4: We have deactivated the Argentina location. There is currently no timeframe on if or when the location will return.
    Last edited by sponge; 01-04-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Junior Member Spock_420 is on a distinguished road
    Well, at least I still have a server here in Seattle, though most of the time it seems to be under used. Thanks for the update.

*el_mame_jorrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post

Additionally, we are aware of downtime with the Argentina server, and have contacted the admins.
    thanks sponge c-:

Junior Member ash is on a distinguished road
    guyz add one more server for russia ) in Urals or Siberia!!! PLEASE! WE ARE WAITING FOR 4 YEARS

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    So this is why I couldn't find NY in my vicinity when I was trying to start a match last night.

I like this, less places for people to spread out.
    Last edited by JDB_; 12-06-2012 at 12:46 PM.

*oakithebear
    sucks they were decommissioned but the new locations are appreciated (especially since the pings are awesome!)

Junior Member Choripan is on a distinguished road Choripan's Avatar
    I still can't believe it takes sooo long to get back the servers up and running, especially when the ping for servers from chile is awful. Servers went down twice this week. This second time, Argentina servers down since yesterday, 24 hours and still server down? Unbelievable...

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Choripan View Post
    I still can't believe it takes sooo long to get back the servers up and running, especially when the ping for servers from chile is awful. Servers went down twice this week. This second time, Argentina servers down since yesterday, 24 hours and still server down? Unbelievable...
    That's NRG's fault (argentinian server provider), both of going down and taking long to get them back up.

But it's free for you and all other players. At one point we chileans had to pay for ours (like 2 years or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member indi0 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, We still waiting for a server in the Caribbean area so people in all central america, islands and the north part of south America (Colombia Venezuela, Ecuador, Antilles, North of Brazil, etc.) can have better latency. I bet there is more players in this area than the amount of players in the South Cone.

I have always wondered if individuals or some company can create franchises of QL locally, anyone knows? Who do I contact in idsoft to get info about this?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    indi0, you can send a message to support@quakelive.com

+ Reply to Thread