+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Sensitivity?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    (the question is why you wouldn't anyways)
    Every single person in the world is used to windows accel, and comes pretty handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Not with quake live and in_mouse 2.

(the question is why you wouldn't anyways)
    Because I don't like downloading things that didn't come from Major Software Developers.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Every single person in the world is used to windows accel, and comes pretty handy.
    Trololololol.

Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    Because I don't like downloading things that didn't come from Major Software Developers.
    That could be very limiting actually. The first programs that could adjust the usb polling rate were done by third party authors and still are in the case that your mouse drivers don't have such a feature. Also a lot of malware pretends to be software developed by a "Major Software Developer" so it is bad to be overly dogmatic.

If you're worried about viruses you can always search the threads where these mouse fixes are mentioned. If any one gets a virus they make a big deal about it.

For example there is a mouse testing utility by Enotus called "mousetest". For some reason it triggers a false positive for a virus on most anti-virus software, so in almost every single place on the net it is mentioned you have someone going "zomg it's a virus".

Anyways, maybe if you understood what these utilities do it wouldn't be so scary. They simply adjust some numbers in the windows registry that control mouse pointer ballistics. What they do can be done manually with regedit even, it just takes a long time and you have to have like a chart or guide for what numbers to put in.

Registry is a very important part of the computer. If it gets messed up that would be very bad I think.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Registry is a very important part of the computer. If it gets messed up that would be very bad I think.
    Yeah the world is a scary scary place.

That is why i would not download a file off the internet that I am not very sure of.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    I just killed Dr. Wily,yes! only took 23 years I'm going pro
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

That is why i would not download a file off the internet that I am not very sure of.
    Yeah you just never know. A file might asplode your computer. In fact are you qualified to be pressing so many keys on that keyboard and clicking places with the mouse? If you don't know what you're doing you could break the computer and that will cost thousands of dollars. Maybe you should leave the computer usage to the trained operators who have doctorates in the field. Better to be safe than sorry.

I am not going to disable accel. How much DPI do you generally need for quake?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    I am not going to disable accel. How much DPI do you generally need for quake?
    400dpi gives no problems, so it isn't an issue.

Please google before posting. The forum is flooded with unnecessary stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread