+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensitivity?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    I have a very limited mouse space(3.5 inches width)
    ?? Are you using a drink coaster for a mousepad??

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    I have a very limited mouse space(3.5 inches width)
    That's less than a *****. Do you use your mouse on the laptop's touchpad or what? ...

edit @up
    really, we should've come up with something better

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    I use a cardboard box and I really don't know where else to put the mouse. I can't move the computer lots because it is a desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Ahh, that's a problem right there. There's not much you can do with less than 4 inches of mousing space. In this case, size really does count.

When you've figured out a natural way to grow the size of your mouse movement, you can then look at what you are doing when you mis-aim. If what you are doing is consistently over-correcting for your opponent's movements when trying to LG fight or rail, then you need to decrease your sensitivity until you are no longer overshooting. For mouse accel you need a lower value if you are overdoing your large movements.
    Do you need to adjust mouse accel or is it fine just to adjust sens?

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Do you need to adjust mouse accel or is it fine just to adjust sens?
    You need to adjust both. I usually do it by setting accel at 0, setting my sens so that I can make fine aim adjustments, and then dialing up the mouse accel to make movement and close in fighting comfortable.

You also need to adjust m_pitch, which determines how much your vertical axis sensitivity relative to your horizontal movements.

You need to adjust both. I usually do it by setting accel at 0, setting my sens so that I can make fine aim adjustments, and then dialing up the mouse accel to make movement and close in fighting comfortable.

You also need to adjust m_pitch, which determines how much your vertical axis sensitivity relative to your horizontal movements.
    How do you get to mouse accel settings?

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Hmm, I've never touched my m_pitch. It's currently set at the default (0.25). I wonder if I should change it. My sens is 4.25 and accel is 0.10.

I just remeasured my mouse space and it is actually almost 6.5 inches. Still not much though

How do you get to mouse accel settings?
    cl_mouseaccel

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrlWrangler View Post
    Hmm, I've never touched my m_pitch. It's currently set at the default (0.25). I wonder if I should change it. My sens is 4.25 and accel is 0.10.
    It depends. When you try to track an enemy as they go vertical (eg jumpad) , do you find yourself tracking them well? If you are overshooting or having trouble keeping up, you should probably change your m_pitch.

The only problem with chaning m_pitch is that it apparently also changes the feel of your mouse sensitivity. So you have to kinda do both at the same time.

What I try to do is to go in front of a door way, and see if I can trace the outlines of the doorway with my crosshair easily. If you have the right settings you should be able to do it.

+ Reply to Thread